Market Tour with Hungarian Cooking Course
Ready for a truly amazing hands-on Hungarian cooking class in Budapest? Ready for a Market tour with local experts? Do you know the difference between the Goulash, Stew and Paprikash? Have you ever tasted Hungarian wine or palinka?
Ready for a happy time chatting, learning about Hungarian customs, local ingredients and everyday life?
If you say yes, come with me! I am Marti and I really happy to meet you!
The MARKET TOUR with COOKING is a complete gastronomical experience or you can call it a two-in-one program. In which I combined a visit to the local Market and the cooking course.
We start in the Market, I talk about the history of the building and the local products. We buy the ingredients for the 3-course menu and you can taste the most popular Hungarian street-food as well. After the Market tour the cooking course begins, which ends with a delicious, rich meal. It takes more than 5 hours but you will have a memorable event.
per adult from
What's included :
- 3-course Hungarian menu
- Snacks - Hungarian bites with typical local ingredients
- Food tasting
- Private tour
- Hotel/port drop-off
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup
- What I offer:
• a Cooking course combined with a Market tour,
• a more than 5-hour long culinary program,
• interesting information and stories about gastronomy, local ingredients and our culture,
• all the ingredients, kitchen pots and equipment,
• the recipes of the dishes, which you can take back home,
• my help and guidance (I am a PROFESSIONAL COOK),
• the knowledge how to prepare the dishes and at the same time,
• you can get an insight into the life of Hungarian people,
• a taste of Hungarian specialties on the market (it is the starter),
• 3-course Hungarian menu (soup, main course and dessert),
• drinks: palinka (fruit brandy), wine, soft drinks, mineral water, tea and coffee,
• FREE TAXI from the market to our flat and at the end of the program back to your hotel.You can choose from the following menus:
Soup: Sour cherry soup (with dairy product),
Main course: Chicken paprikas with homemade dumplings (with dairy product),
Dessert: Pancake Hungarian style (with dairy product)
Soup: Fish soup (typical Hungarian fishes),
Main course: Beef stew with egg barley (with beef meat),
Dessert: Hungarian apple pie
Soup: Goulash soup (with beef meat),
Main course: Savoury pancake Hortobagy (with chicken and dairy product),
Dessert: Gerbeaud layer cake (with ground walnuts)
Soup: Chicken ragout with tarragon soup (with dairy product),
Main course: Stuffed pepper with tomato sauce (with pork meat),
Dessert: Strudel with sweet cottage cheese cream and sweet cabbage
Soup: Creamy potato soup with smoked sausage,
Main course: Stuffed cabbage (with pork meat and sour cream),
Dessert: Poppy-seed bread pudding with vanilla custard (with eggs, dairy products)
No problem if you are vegetarian or you have any food allergies. Please, let me know this when you register for this
- which menu you prefer,
- if you need a special menu and I will change the menu according to your needs.
Thanks in advance.
Departure Point :1: Central Market Hall, Budapest, Vámház krt. 1-3, 1093 Hungary
2: Szimpla Sunday Farmers' Market, Budapest, Kazinczy u. 14, 1075 Hungary
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.