Marmaris Shore Excursion: Traditional Turkish Villages Private Half-Day Tour
While your ship is in Marmaris, get a taste of traditional Turkish village life on this private shore excursion. With in-depth attention from your own private guide, travel through pine-covered mountains to Akyaka, a protected fishing village on the Gulf of Gökova. Admire its distinctive, pine-built Muğla houses, mingle with the friendly locals, shop at a village market, and savor local homemade food and fresh fish at its rustic riverside restaurants (own expense). Afterward, visit the orange-growing village of Gökçe and stop for photos above Icmeler before returning to Marmaris.
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private, air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy
- Entry/Admission - Azmak Nehri
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Azmak Nehri, Akyaka Turkey
When your ship moors in Marmaris, meet your private guide at the port and board your private, air-conditioned minivan. Then, absorb the country views on your way to Akyaka, a pretty fishing town on the Gulf of Gökova.
After roughly 30 minutes, arrive and enjoy ample time in this seaside town where life has hardly changed for centuries. Tucked between pine-coated hills, the Gulf and the Azmak River, Akyaka is built in the traditional style of the Muğla province, with pine-timbered octagonal houses adorned with hand-carved balconies framing the streets.
Admire the mountain vistas, mingle with the locals, and pass shops, restaurants and coffee houses where old men play tavla (backgammon). Check out the ornate balconies and octagonal shapes of the houses as your guide explains how new buildings in the village are required to adhere to the style.
Perhaps visit a local market, watch fishermen mending their nets on the beach, and road-test Akyaka’s growing foodie reputation. Head for the fish restaurants along the Azmak for lunch (own expense) to enjoy everything from delicious homemade meze to succulent fresh fish such as sea bass and red mullet.
After around 3 hours, head through forested mountains to the quaint village of Gökçe, famed for its orange groves. Stop for refreshments (own expense) and watch village life unfold before driving to Icmeler Bay, a resort area known for its natural springs.
Drive through Icmeler and stop at Pamucak to capture the spectacular sea and mountain views on your camera. Then, return to Marmaris where your trip ends with a drop-off at the cruise port.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Marmaris Port
Departure Time :Depends on cruise docking time
Please contact your local supplier to agree on your departure time. Contact details will be provided in your voucher
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- It is highly recommended to wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.