Marrakech To Tinmel Mosque Private Day Trip
Tinmel Mosque Day Trip or Tinmmal in Berber was built by the Almohad Berber Dynasty founder Mohamed Bne Toumart who was known as El Mahdi because of his prophesied redeeming. The tour takes around many different Berber villages and the beautiful archways of the Tinmel Village and Gandafi Kasbah the chef of the area during French colonization, the Tour will bring us to the idea that the mosque was built not only for religious and spiritual purposes rather for fortification against probable attacks. It’s from here the Almohad dynasty set their well-spread empire.
The Mosque was built near the tomb of Mahdī ibn Tūmart (d.1130), the founder of a new religious doctrine that advocated monotheism and strict moral reforms. This mosque is an archetype of Almohad architecture, and was commissioned by his lieutenant ‘Abd al-Mu’min (reigned 1130–1163), the dynasty’s first king.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Private transportation
- Hotel transfers / Local Guide / Lunch.
- Private transfers. Experienced driver.
What's excluded :
- Tips / Personal expenses.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Marrakech, Marrakech, Marrakech-Safi
All our day trips start at 9 am and finish the same day in the evening. Today we pick up from your Marrakech riad or hotel at 9 am, driving the zigzagging roads before we explore Moulay Brahim gorges.
Then we visit Asni - where lived an important Jewish community. We continue to Ouirgane village, where we visit the amazing lake. We drive to Ijoukak valley / Nfis valley, and you will relax with a break mint tea at a local Berber house in Atlas mountains.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ouirgane, Morocco
Explore Ourikgane valley and its beauty. Guided excursion.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Tinmel Mosque, Tinmel, Marrakech, Morocco
Today you will explore the Tinmel mosque which has been built in the 12th century by the Almohade dynasty.
About the Mosque :
Abd el-Moumen had this sanctuary built in 1153 to honor Ibn Toumert, who is buried in Tinmel.
Tinmel Mosque eventually fell into ruin, but massive restoration work was undertaken to give it back. It is one of only 2 mosques that non-Muslims can enter in Morocco.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Marrakesh, Morocco
Traveler pickup is offered
We meet you and pick up you at any place in Marrakech city - hotel, riad, bus or train station or even airport. Let us know the details once you reserve your tour.Airports
- Menara Airport, Marrakech Morocco
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.