Matera Day Trip from Bari with Food Tasting
Matera has been elected Capital of Culture 2019. This experience departs from Bari and you will be transferred to Matera by comfortable minivan. Once in Matera, start your walking tour from the old town with a magnificent view of the Sasso Barisano. Appreciated and visited for its stones, Matera also offers many other pearls of beauty and culture.
per adult from
What's included :
- Departure and arrival from Bari airport or train station
- Transport by minivan
- Certified guide on site
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Departure by minivan from Bari to Matera.
Once in Matera, start the walking tour with the knowledgeable guide. Proceed towards Piazza Pastures to visit the Sasso Caveoso, where there are narrow streets and ancient neighbourhoods. Don't miss a visit to the House cave, typically decorated, and then climb on Mount Errone, where you can find the Churches of San Giovanni in Monterrone (11th century) and Madonna De Idris (13th century).
Visit the Church of San Pietro Caveoso, with its sober façade of the 17th century. To finish your walk you can visit one of the many craft workshops to learn about products of ceramic production of Matera.
At the end of the guided tour in the Sassi, the guide will allow you to do a tasting (very inviting) of typical products such as bread of Matera, garlic bread, bagels, pastries, wine.
Departure Point :Bari, Bari, Province of Bari, Puglia
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Minimum age is 2 years
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessibility - ON REQUEST
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.