Mayan Route Tour from San Salvador
During this day trip from San Salvador you will be able to see where the Mayan route began. You will visit Joya de Ceren, an UNESCO heritage Mayan village where you will find the ruins of the ceremonial center of San Andres and its museum.
You will also visit the Mayan pyramid of Tazumal and will end the tour with a visit to Santa Ana's city center.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Joya de Ceren Archaeological Park
- Entry/Admission - San Andres
- Entry/Admission - Tazumal
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- In this day-trip, you will be picked up from your hotel in San Salvador at approximately 8:30am and will head towards Santa Ana.
You will visit Joya de Ceren, a Mayan village declared a cultural heritage of humanity in 1993 by UNESCO and considered to be the "Pompeii of America”. There, you will also visit the ruins of the ceremonial center of San Andres and its museum.
Afterwards, you will head to the archaeological park Tazumal where the most impressive Mayan pyramid of El Salvador is located. From there you will see beautiful panoramic views of Lake Coatepeque. Lastly, you will visit the historic downtown Santa Ana where you will have the opportunity to enjoy the architecture of the neo-gothic cathedral and its theater.
At around 5:30pm you will be dropped off at your hotel in San Salvador.
Departure Point :Hotels in San Salvador
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:30pm
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.