Medieval castles walled towns, Renaissance villas, ceramic, south Euganean Hills
Full day excursion in the Southern Euganean Hills, in the province of Padua, between the medieval towns of Montagnana and Monselice. The visit of these 2 towns is with professional licensed local guides that you will meet when you will arrive on spot.
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Parking Fees
- Entry/Admission - IAT di Montagnana
- Entry/Admission - IAT di Este
- Entry/Admission - Castello di Monselice
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: IAT di Montagnana, Piazza Trieste 15, 35044 Montagnana Italy
After 1 hour and 30 minutes driving distance, you will make the first walking tour in Montagnana with your licensed local guide. You will see a well preserved walls of the Middle Ages which surround the historic center for almost 2 km. You will reach the top of the ancient and higher tower of Montagnana.
In 1405 the town chooses to join the Republic of Venice, that helps to grow its economy thanks to the investments of the Venetian Nobles that enriched the town with magnificent buildings and precious masterpieces.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: IAT di Este, Via G. Negri, 9, 35042 Este Italy
On the way to Monselice, you will stop in another important medieval town of Este considered one of the most famous pottery towns in Italy. Here you will visit a factory known for the production of cured meat like the "Prosciutto Veneto DOP" with a tasting. Close by you will have time to visit also a ceramic historical shop.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Castello di Monselice, Via del Santuario 17, 35043 Monselice Italy
Your day excursion continues to reach the castle of Monselice.
Also for the visit of this castle you will have a local professional guide. This is a complex of buildings which consist of Four main parts. The most ancient one is composed of a late eleventh-century building, while the Little Castle (Castelletto) dates back to the twelfth century. During the thirteenth century the Castle was enlarged with a massive tower and the large rooms in the keep, characterized by “towered” fireplaces, were made on the fourteenth century. Each room was enriched with a precious collection of authentic furniture, paintings, carpets, tapestries, ceramics, instruments and fabrics in Gothic and Renaissance style.
The walking tour continues along the path that follows the slope of the hill. On the left, you find a staircase and some grotesque statues part of Villa Mocenigo that dates back to the renaissance. Further up the old Cathedral of St Justine built in Romanesque style in 1256 and restored in 1935. Continuing, you will pass through two columns surmounted by two lions and a gate.
From here you will walk through a series of six chapels that accompany the ascent to the area of Villa Duodo. In the church next to the villa there are the relics of 25 Christians protomartyrs justifying the granting of indulgence by Pope Paul V.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Parcheggio S. Andrea AVM S.p.A., Piazzale Roma, 30135 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for people sensitive to the sight of raw meat and its processing
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.