Mekong Delta My Tho and Ben Tre Luxury Private Tour 1 Day From Ho Chi Minh City
• Vinh Trang Pogoda
• Traditional coconut candy workshop
• Traditional folk music
• Experience the incredibly lush beauty of the Mekong Delta
• Take a private cruise along the Mekong River and see what life is like on the Delta
• Savour tropical fruit on an island
• See how local coconut candy is made
• Explore the bustling port city of My Tho
• Feast on Vietnamese cuisine at a local restaurant
• Row in a sampan along the canals through shady, breezy canal under the green canopy of water coconuts trees
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Experienced English speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance
- Tropical fruit
- Traditional folk music
- Traditional in local restaurant
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Mekong Mark of Thới Sơn Island
What's excluded :
- Tips/ gratuities
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mekong Mark of Thới Sơn Island, Thới Sơn, Châu Thành District, Tien Giang, Vietnam
The area is the final destination of the mighty Mekong River, which winds its way from Tibet, through China, Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, and finally into Vietnam. An incredibly fertile region, the Mekong Delta's prime industry is food production, producing approximately half of Vietnam's total agricultural output. Local life for villages in the area revolves around the rivers and canals that make up the delta, so much so that people are more likely to transport by river than road.
Escape the city on a tour of the Mekong Delta, where you will see what life is like beyond the city centre of the south. About 2 hours away is the city of My Tho, a former naval base that is now a bustling port city in the Mekong Delta.
Upon arrival into My Tho, we board your private boat for a cruise on the Mekong River. Our first stop is at a bee farm, to gain an insight into one of the cottage industries in the region. On our Mekong tour, we will visit an island with lush tropical gardens where we have a chance to sample tropical fruit. Continuing to another island in the Mekong Delta, we will learn more about another cottage industry, coconut candy. Your local guide will take you to a factory and explain the process of making the sweet. As we meander down the Mekong, we will have a chance to visit local villages in the area and learn more about the traditional lifestyles, culture, and customs of people who call the Delta their home.
Continuing on our Mekong discover, we will travel by Xe Loi (motorised cartto discover local life in incredible alleys hidden insight covered tropical fruit orchards , from where we will transfer to a smaller rowing boat to help us get deeper into the smaller canals of the Delta. For lunch, we will hit up local restaurant, where your local guide will provide you with some advice on the finer points of local cuisine and assist with ordering some of these delicacies.
After lunch, your Ho Chi Minh City river tour will come to nearly an end, and we will head back to My Tho for the journey back to Ho Chi Minh City where you will be dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Ho Chi Minh City Opera House, 07 Đồng Khởi, Bến Nghé, Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh 700000, Vietnam
Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up at your hotel which is located within district 1, 3, 4. Picking up at other districts might be extra charged.
Departure Time :7:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.