Melbourne Gardens and Days Gone By Private Tour
Lean back in your wooden punt, equipped with cushioned seats, parasols, umbrellas and blankets so you can be comfortable whatever the weather. Enjoy being punted around the lake on a guided tour at the Royal Botanic Gardens.
The gardens were established in 1846 and stretch over 94 acres. Over 50,000 plants are on display representing 8,500 different species. Take some time to explore the beautiful surroundings and purchase lunch at one of the cafes.
Reboard the bus to travel to National Trust property, Rippon Lea. Built in 1868 the stunning mansion exhibits styles from a variety of eras. The extensive gardens include a man made lake, an early example of an underground drainage and irrigation system and an impressive iron-framed fernery.
Explore the gardens at your leisure before a guided tour of the impressive Victorian mansion. Please note this tour only operates September to May.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria
- Entry/Admission - Rippon Lea Estate
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Bring a packed lunch or purchase lunch at the Royal Botanic Gardens
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria, Birdwood Ave, Melbourne, Victoria 3004 Australia
Option 2: Relax as you cruise around the bays and islands of the Ornamental Lake on a wooden punt. This is an excellent opportunity to get up close to the magnificent birdlife and aquatic plants that are less accessible from land. As you glide through the water, your punter will tell stories of the history, wildlife and plants of the gardens.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Rippon Lea Estate, 192 Hotham St, Elsternwick, Glen Eira, Victoria 3185 Australia
Rippon Lea is one of the most impressive National Trust properties in Victoria. Spend time exploring the extensive gardens before a guided tour of the mansion that will take you through both living and bedroom areas of the house and include stories of the families who lived there, their lives at Rippon Lea and how the house has changed over the years.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Russell Street Extension, Russell St Ext, Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
We may be able to pick up from other hotels or points within the Melbourne city centre. Please let us know where you are staying and we will advise the closest possible pick up point.
Departure Time :10:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.