Mendoza Trekking Tour in the Cordón del Plata with Argentine Asado Lunch
Enjoy the Mendoza region’s spectacular Andean scenery during a moderate trekking tour with an experienced guide. On a 3- to 4hour hike through the Cordón del Plata, a Uco Valley range in the foothills of the Andes, you’ll discover native plants and animals like condors, foxes and llamas. An Argentine breakfast at the Quebrada del Condor (Condor’s Gorge) and a barbecue lunch on the mountain are included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Typical Argentine breakfast with regional pastries
- Lunch: Full Argentinian Barbecue
- Mate (local tea-like drink) offered in the middle of the trek
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Insurance per person
What's excluded :
- Security restrictions: according to age, weight and physical fitness of passengers.
- After hotel pickup in the city of Mendoza, leave the city behind for the 2-hour drive to Quebrada del Condor. During the drive, pass through the village of Potrerillos and stop by a panoramic viewpoint called the Mirador de la Hoyada.
When you arrive at the gorge, get ready for your trek with a traditional Argentine breakfast of regional pastries, and listen to a quick introduction and safety briefing about your hike. Then set off with your guide, starting your trek at the foot of the Cordón del Plata, an Andean mountain range in the Uco Valley.
Your total trekking time is 4 to 5 hours, depending on the pace of your group. As you walk, marvel at the beautiful alpine landscape of snowcapped peaks, and keep an eye out for local wildlife like hares, llamas, foxes and, of course, Andean condors, which are among the largest flying land birds in the western hemisphere.
Take a break to enjoy a cup of mate, a popular South American drink made from yerba mate leaves steeped in hot water. Then continue following your guide — who will point out interesting plants and help you spot animals — all the way up to a viewpoint that sits 9,185 feet (2,800 meters) above sea level. Rest your legs for a bit and snap some photos before heading back down the mountain.
During the hike, enjoy an authentic Argentine barbecue lunch known as an asado, which will give you the energy you need to finish trekking. Your adventure ends with drop-off back in Mendoza.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up is only from hotels located in Mendoza city area. If you are staying in an Airbnb or if you didn't select hotel pick up please contact us to coordinate the nearest meeting point.Please bear in mind that it takes around 45 minutes from the arranged time to pick up every passenger of the tour. Our tour leader will personally greet you at the lobby
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 12 years
- It is recommended that you wear good hiking/trekking shoes and comfortable clothing; bring a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and water
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Passport name, number, expiry, date of birth and country are required at time of booking for all participants
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Only in spring/summe
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.