Merida Cantinas Walking Tour with Beer and Snacks
The cantinas in Merida are very fun and traditional establishments where Meridans go to have some drinks while having some "botanas" (snacks) and listening to popular music in a very friendly environment. Get to experience this atmosphere on this walking tour where everybody is friends with everybody.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Beverages and snacks (one beer per cantina)
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Items of personal nature
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The concept of the Cantinas is very well known around the world. There are other names for “cantinas”, such as tavern, pubs, canteens, saloons. These cantinas could be the equivalent to the old western saloons in the United States. Enjoy a 3-hour walking tour exploring these traditional pubs with some of the oldest ones in Merida even having the swinging saloon-doors.
Since cantinas are social gathering places for locals, this tour is a great opportunity for you to get to know Merida and its people. Along with your guide, you'll learn why cantinas in Merida are fun and traditional. You'll get to do as locals do and explore three completely different cantinas. Each cantina is close from each other so you get there by foot and admire downtown Merida's attractions. On the way your guide will explain how cantinas operate and different stories and anecdotes of them. In each cantina you will have one beer and some snacks, while you share stories and have a blast. There are different stories and anecdotes for each one, since the very owners attend most of the cantinas you even may have a brief interview with them if they are around.
Some of the snacks you may try are panuchos, salbutes, tacos, papadzules, among other stews and typical dishes. Since you don’t want to be the "spoilsport", at the last cantina, you have the option to leave with the guide and head back to Downtown, or you can stay and keep the party going.
Departure Point :MONUMENTO ANDRES QUINTANA ROO, Por 60 y 58, Calle 47, Parque Santa Ana, Centro, 97000 Mérida, Yuc., Mexico
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Adult pricing applies to travelers over 8 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.