Meteora Day Rail Tour from Athens with Spanish Speaking Expert Escort
Don't miss the opportunity during your stay in Athens to visit the breathtaking Meteora Monasteries with this amazing full day rail tour! Countless panoramic images will remain etched in your memory with the opportunity for video and photos along the way.
per adult from
What's included :
- Round-trip Economy class rail tickets
- Round-trip shared transfer in Kalambaka
- Expert Spanish speaking escort
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle with WiFi
- Free Map and bottle of water
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees of the Monasteries
- Food and drinks
- Athens hotel pick-up and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Kalabaka 422 00, Greece
Catch the train of 7:20 a.m. to Kalambaka in the morning from the Athens Railway Station and enjoy a trip that will give you the chance to admire the beauty of the countryside. Arrive around 11:30 a.m. in Kalambaka, a small town built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks, and crowded by the METEORA Monasteries.
Stop At: Meteora, Meteora, Trikala Region, Thessaly
Arriving in Kalambaka, our Spanish speaking expert escort will be waiting you holding a signboard with your name on it and will transfer you to the Meteora Monasteries. For about four hours you will have the time to explore two Monasteries as well as the hermit caves of Badovas. Meteora is included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Kalabaka 422 00, Greece
At the end of the day, our Spanish speaking escort will transfer you back to Kalambaka, where you will have the time to scroll around and have a light lunch (not included). At 17:15 p.m. the train departs from Kalambaka, and arrives at 21:25 back to Athens.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Athens 104 44, Greece
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infants (ages 3 and under) are free.
- To enter the monasteries, appropriate clothing is required. Women should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts.
- You will receive an e-mail with the train e-tickets a few days before the activity.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- The tour in Meteora will be a small group one and social distance will be kept during the journey by train to ensure a safe travel experience for you.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.