Meteora Private Full Day Tour
Our tours and services are flexible and can be adapted to the customer’s needs.
All our professional drivers have the required certifications and are fluent in English. Their experience will help you feel safe and at easy in one of our well maintained, comfortable vehicles.
You will have the added benefit of visiting archaeological sites at different times from the large tour buses and groups of visitors, thus enabling you to experience the wonderful monuments and learn their history at a time of the day when they are not overcrowded.
The cost of hiring our services is smaller than purchasing individual tickets from large tour and excursion companies.
per adult from
13 to 14 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Professional Drivers (Not licensed to accompany you into the sites)
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- All meals
- Entance fees (3 Euros pp per Monastery-3 Euros pp for Thermopylae Information Center)
- Licensed tour guide upon request, depending on availability (Additional Cost: 220 Euros)
- Airport pickup and drop off (Additional cost)
- Entry/Admission - Meteora
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Meteora, Kastraki, Kalambaka 422 00 Greece
By reaching Kalambaka, an important town well known due to the second largest and most important complexes of Eastern Orthodox Monasteries in Greece after Mount Athos, Meteora, you will have the potentiality to visit two or three of the six suspended in the air Monasteries, built on natural sand stone rock pillars. The Meteora Monasteries date back to the 11th century and are included in the UNESCO list of World Heritage sites. The James Bond movie for your eyes only was filmed at the Monastery of Holy Trinity.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Thermopylae, Thermopylae, Phthiotis Region, Central Greece
The Thermopylae or else the Hot Gates is an important town well known for the battle among the Greek forces including the 300 Spartans and their leader King Leonidas and the Persians in 480 BC, commemorated by Simonides in the famous epitaph, "Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, That here obedient to their laws we lie."
The monument of King Leonidas was erected by the battlefield reminding all of us of the sacrifice of those patriots for a free country.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We recommend you as pick up time the 06:30 am, if possible, in order to have ample time to enjoy your visit at the monasteries.Airport Pickup:Your driver will meet you upon your arrival at Athens airport at the customs exit holding an H.P.Tours sign with your name on.Port pickup:Your driver, will meet you at Piraeus Port at the customs exit holding an H.P.Tours sign with your name on.Notice that Piraeus port has three terminals, Terminal A, Terminal B and Terminal C. If your ship docks at Terminal A, your driver will meet you at the Terminal A exit holding an H.P.Tours sign with your name on.If your ship docks at Terminal B, your driver will meet you at the Terminal B exit holding an H.P.Tours sign with your name on.If your ship docks at Terminal C, your driver will meet you at the Terminal C exit holding an H.P.Tours sign with your name on.In case your ship docks at Terminal B or Terminal C and the exit gate is closed, you will need to take the shuttle bus to come to terminal A (3 MIN RIDE). Your driver will meet you at Terminal A holding an H.P.Tours sign with your name on.Airports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Piraeus port, Pireas 185 38, Greece
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Your English- speaking driver will explain about the ancient monuments that you are about to visit, the ancient history of Greece and interesting facts about historical and modern-day Greece but is not allowed by law to accompany you in the sites. If you wish to have a licensed tour guide to accompany you into the sites, we will help you arrange a licensed tour guide to be with you at an extra cost
- Your tour is totally private. No unknown passengers will participate in your group.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Infant car seats are available upon request
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.