Michelangelo in August - The Accademia Gallery
One of the must-sees in Florence is the Accademia Gallery! Here you will admire Michelangelo's original David, one of the most famous art works in the world. This is only one of his masterpieces on display, others including the Palestrina Pietà, Saint Matthew and the four unfinished Prisoners.
During this guided tour we will pay attention to other fine items at the Accademia Gallery as well. There are old musical instruments, and among them is part of a set of bowed string instruments by Stradivarius. There are fine gesso model collection, with works by Lorenzo Bartolini and Luigi Pampaloni, both XIX century sculptors. Here you can find one of the finest collection of painting in Florence: medieval altarpieces with gold backgrounds and fine works of the Renaissance and Mannerist periods.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - David of Michelangelo
- Entry/Admission - Museo degli Strumenti Musicali
What's excluded :
- Tickets and headphones (whisperers)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: David of Michelangelo, Via Ricasoli, 60, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
This is the word-famous original by Michelangelo and which stood till the late XIX century in front of Palazzo Vecchio before being moved to the Accademia and replaced by a replica.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Museo degli Strumenti Musicali, Via Ricasoli 58-60 Galleria dell'Accademia, 50122, Florence Italy
You will see a series of curious and ancient musical instruments, including members of the Medici string quintet, commissioned from Antonio Stradivari as a gift for Grand Prince Ferdinand.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Via Ricasoli, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Please consider that pickup times vary depending on the distance between your hotel and the museum and could vary from 10 to 40 minutes. Please contact me so we can agree a pickup time.I will meet you at the hotel lobby.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/1/2020 - 8/31/2020
8/1/2021 - 8/31/2021
Saturday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM Tuesday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Hand sanitizer and temperature control is provided at the entrance of Florentine museums and churches by the relevant authorities. In case of high temperature the traveller will be refused entrance. Whisperers are mandatory, and will be charged extra.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.