Minneriya National Park Jeep Safari
The Minneriya National Park is probably the most easily accessed national park from the cultural triangle.
The largest seasonally recurring concentration of wild elephants takes place between July and September at Minneriya (and Kaudulla) National Park. Over 300 elephants may gather on the seasonally drying lake bed in Minneriya National Park.
This gathering is listed by Lonely Planet as among the Top Ten wildlife spectacles in the world.The list includes famous nature events such as the great wildebeest migration in Serengeti, brown bears feasting in Alaska, the penguin rookery in the Atlantic, the Monarch butterfly migration in Mexico, orca feeding in Argentina, starling roosting in England, and the salmon run in South Africa.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Free hotel pick up and drop off (From hotels in nearby NP area)
- 3 to 4 hours tour in the National Park
- Jeep hiring fees
What's excluded :
- Entrance charges to the National Park
- Meals & Drinks
ENTRANCE TICKETS CAN BE TAKEN BY THE PARK COUNTER
Morning Tour give you a chance to see mostly Birds like Peacock, Eagle, Pelicans, Parrots, Crane, Parakeet, Owl, Hornbill & etc. Can see about 20% of Elephants. Also other animals like Monkeys, Deers, Wild Rabbits, wild boar & a Fox if you are lucky.
Afternoon Jeep Safari Tour give you a chance to see mostly Larger Elephant gathering than Morning Jeep Safari Tour. Also other animals like Deers, water Buffalo, Crocodile, Iguana, Monkeys as well as birds like peacock, pelican, Eagles & etc...
Departure Point :Minneriya National park, Polonnaruwa, Sri Lanka
Traveler pickup is offered
We can arrange your pick up and drop off or we will met you at the park entrance.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.