30 kilometers from the city of Iquitos, traveling along the Amazon River, there is a place where you can live an unparalleled experience and also learn a lot about primates. We are talking about Monkey Island, a refuge that protects 7 species of surviving monkeys from illegal hunters and the deforestation of their habitat.
This place gives them a second chance and the goal is that later, when they are already healthy, they can integrate into the jungle. When you get to the island you can play with them, take many photos
per adult from
What's included :
- boat transportation
What's excluded :
Thirty kilometers east of the city of Iquitos, capital of the Loreto region, located on the banks of the Amazon River, there is a shelter that safeguards, rehabilitates and then releases Amazonian primates in danger of extinction by the poaching and deforestation. Next, get to know Monkey Island in Iquitos, an example of biodiversity conservation and sustainable tourism.
• Iquitos, Iquitos, Loreto Region
Departure Point :Napo 100, Iquitos 16002, Peru
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.