Monkey Island and Embera Village Tour
Amazing excursion to visit the Gatun Lake at the Panama Canal, monkeys in their wild enviroment at Monkey Island and a Panamanian indian village in the middle of the forest at the Soberania National Park.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Panama City (surcharge for pick up at beach resorts or airport area)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan and speed boat
- Entry/Admission - Monkey Island
- Entry/Admission - Chagres River
What's excluded :
- Souvenirs and indigenous handcrafts (available for purchase at the village)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Soberania National Park, Area Canalera de Gamboa, Panama City Panama
We pick you up at the hotel or address in Panama City and marvel with the views of the rainforest in our way to the town of Gamboa, in the middle of the Panama Canal.
Pass By: Gatun Lake, Panama City Panama
At the Chagres river, a trip by boat to the Gatun Lake begins, the biggest part and most important lake the Panama Canal, where we will share space with large ships during their traffic in the Panama Canal.
Stop At: Monkey Island, Gatun Lake, Panama City Panama
Tour by boat around several islands to find different species of animals.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Chagres River, Gamboa Panama
Then we will head to the Chagres river, one of the most important water sources for the Panama Canal an surrounded by dense jungle, there we will visit an indigenous community who will welcome us. We will learn about their culture listening to the speech by the chief of the village or one of the leaders, this will be an special moment for you to ask them about their life style or whatever you are interested. We will do a short walk around the village to see their houses and medicinal plants, finally enjoy a live presentation of traditional music and dance before we head back to the port and Panama City by car.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Free pick up from hotels or addresses in downtown of Panama City. A surcharge around USD $30.00 applies for pick up from surroundings of Panama City or airport area which will be informed prior tour date and should be paid on cash the same day of the tour.Please, provide the name of the hotel or address where we could pick you up at the Special Requirements field.Ports
- Flamenco Marina, Panama City, Panama
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We might keep windows open when possible to allow air circulation, vehicles are air conditioned. Guides are also drivers in order to reduce the number of people and they use mask at all times. Maximum 4 guests, however we can include more than 4 people if they belong to the same family or group.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.