Montenegro Wine Road Tour
In the mid-19th century, the Montenegrin King Nikola Petrović saw the enormous possibilities of this region and the power of local wine … and brought the regulation: “Every soldier from the place where the vine grows must plant two hundred grapevines!” As for Montenegrin wine, a new era began, and Montenegrin Vranac won the first prize in 1907 at a wine exhibition in London.
Nowadays, Montenegro has about 4,300 hectares of vineyards, of which the most important project is “Ćemovsko field” near the capital of Podgorica.
In this trip, with Monte Mare Travel agency, visitors will be able to see the natural beauty of the region through which the wine route passes, the tradition and the specific characteristics of the vineyard area. They will learn about the tradition of wine production in Montenegro. The hosts will offer wine from their cellars with Montenegrin specialties, and it is up to you to enjoy in the beauty of drinks, food and an unrivaled ambience!
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Driving by car, minivan, van or minibus (driver with English knowledge)
- Visit to the vineyard "Ćemovsko field" and wine cellar "Šipčanik"
- Riding by a touristic train in the vineyard ‘’Ćemovsko field’’
- Tasting of 3 types of wines, bruschette with Njeguški cheese in wine cellar ‘’Šipčanik’’
- Visit to the rural household, vineyards, cellars and ‘’Winery Dabović’’
- Tasting of 1 brandy, 2 herbal and 3 wines with a suitable appetizer, lunch and dessert.
- Travel insurance
What's excluded :
- Food and drink not listed in program
- Tourist guide by a specific language (optionally for extra fee)
- Other non-program costs
- Travel health insurance – optional
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sipcanik, Montenegro
Visit: ''13. Jul - Plantaže - vineyard ''Ćemovsko field'' and wine cellar ''Šipčanik''
We will visit one of the largest and most beautiful vineyards in Europe – Ćemovsko field. This vineyard is located about thirty kilometers away from the Adriatic Sea, next to Skadar Lake, and occupies an area of about 2,300 hectares, with about 10 million vines of grapevine, both domestic and world-known varieties.
Vranac is, of course, the prince of this magnificent principality of the Ćemovsko field, and at the same time the national brand and the most recognizable product of the company “13. Jul – Plantaže”.
White varieties are led by a Montenegrin Krstač which thrives exclusively in Montenegro and nowhere else in the world.
It seems incredibly, but even 95% of the vineyard “Ćemovsko field” is picked manually. During the harvest, which lasts from August to the end of September, when more than 2,000 pickers gather, this area really acts as a scene from an epic film.
After driving by touristic train through a vineyard and a short break at the viewpoint, we arrive at the ‘’heart’’ of the vineyard, the wine cellar “Sipčanik”. This wine cellar is located at an average depth of over 30 meters below ground, in a form of a wind tunnel of 356 meters long, an average width of 13.5 meters and a height of 7 meters. It was created by recovering of an underground hangar used for Yugoslav National Army airplanes. Before we enter the cellar, you will have a unique opportunity to enjoy from the viewpoint in view of the entire vineyard, where you will experience all of the climate within only one wine house. On an area of 7,000 m², temperature between 17 and 19 degrees, humidity 70 to 80%, preserves and nurtures superior wine. In the wine cellar “Sipčanik” there is a wine shop with all the wines of “Plantaže” and other products.
In the cellar it is foreseen: a tasting of 3 types of wines (2 from the classic line and one special), bruschette with Njeguški cheese grilled on olive oil and rosemary. Duration – approx. 2h.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Visit to the rural household and ‘’Winery Dabović’’
After visiting the wine cellar ” Šipčanik ”, we will head towards the village household and the Dabović winery in Nudo village. Duration of travel about 2 h.
Wines “Dabović Winery” come from the smallest wine region in Europe – Nudo. And Nudo is a small village that is soured in the basin on the border with Bosnia and Herzegovina, eighteen kilometers from Trebinje and forty from Risan. It is rich in both cultural and historical heritage, which is yet another motive to visit.
When you taste their wines, wherever you are, they will take you to the epic estates of the high stone hills of Montenegro and the arable green fields of the Nudo, and you will hear how Zaslapnica river burbles, and how winds which come from the Adriatic Sea and Orjen, collide above the Nudo village.
For years, this winery has won the most prestigious awards at all international fairs and it is the most successful Winery in Montenegro.
In its cellars and tasting hall traditionally decorated with stone and wood, you will enjoy wonderful aromas of drinks and traditional local specialties.
To visit this winery, it is planned to visit the vineyard, visit the cellar, tasting 1 brandy, 2 herbal and 3 wines with a suitable appetizer (prosciutto, cheese, homemade bread and honey), lunch (goulash, potatoes and roasted meat, salad) and dessert (some of the homemade cakes).
Duration of visit: 2h
After lunch, return. The end of the tour.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels and other accommodations in Podgorica, Ulcinj, Bar, Budva, Kotor and Tivat.Pick up from ports: Kotor and Bar.Pick up from other cities in Montenegro on request for extra fee.Ports
- Port of Kotor, 420 Stari Grad, Kotor 85330, Montenegro
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 3/17/2020 - 10/5/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Masks are required indoors as well as while driving in a vehicle.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.