Moose safari is a fascinating nature trip for searching moose, the largest land mammals in Europe. Starting in the evening, you will be taken into the wilderness where we drive on wilderness roads and paths searching for moose. When we spot one, we take a better look using binoculars. This is also a great opportunity for taking photographs or videos. Moose Safari in Rovaniemi was developed by Lapland Welcome in year 1998 following our guests' wishes and it is still the best seller in our area.
per adult from
200 to 300 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guidance services
- Organizer's liability insurance
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Lapland Welcome
What's excluded :
- Private tours available for additional charge
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lapland Welcome, Rovakatu 26, Rovaniemi 96200 Finland
The biggest wild animals in Europe!
Moose safari is a fascinating nature trip for searching moose, the largest land mammals in Europe. Starting in the evening, you will be taken into the wilderness where we drive on wilderness roads and paths searching for moose. When we spot one, we take a better look using binoculars. This is also a great opportunity for taking photographs or videos.
We take a longer break to savour some snacks. As this is a wildlife safari wild animals are sometimes unpredictable. Moose are wild and shy animals, they can hear humans from kilometres away and be quickly hidden into the forest so it is possible that we can’t see any moose during the safari. In that case, half of the price will be refunded in the end of the safari. This summer 2018 is going to be a good summer as the population is very high at the moment. Anyway we need to remember that it is question of unpredictable wild animals!
The number of moose that we find varies depending on, for example, weather conditions. Usually we find 3-8 moose. Our “world record” is 26 moose in 2 hours! Other wildlife we may encounter includes reindeer, hares, foxes and large birds like owls, swans and cranes. Brown bears and lynxes have also been seen occasionally! Duration, 3 – 5 hours depending on the week including return transfers from your hotel.
Moose are large animals, some male ones carry antlers even 120 cm wide, reaching up to 2.10 metres in height and weight 600 kg. Most moose we meet are females and youngsters, sometimes babies.
The density of moose is very high because of the numerous nature reservations of which The Strict Nature Reservation of Pisavaara is the most important. It was grounded in 1938 and has been closed to public since then.
Guiding, snacks and transfers to wilderness and back are included.
The moose, Alces alces in Latin or hirvi in Finnish, is one of the regular residents of Finland’s forests.The males are crowned by a majestic set of antlers, marking them out as the king of the Fin-nish forest. The antlers grow throughout the summer once they get new antlers every year. There are around 80,000 of these massive animals living in the forests throughout the country. Moose are native to all parts of Finland. They are rarely sighted, however – at any rate, much much less often than reindeer, which live only in
This safari might be the one and only moose safari with moose sighting guaranteed in Europe. Welcome to this exciting and legendary wildlife safari!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Lapland Welcome, Rovakatu 26, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
We will confirm the exact pick up time upon booking.The meeting time at Lapland Welcome Safari Office (Rovakatu 26, 2nd floor, 96200 Rovaniemi) is 15 minutes before the starting time of the safari.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Please contact us if you wish to have a guide in other language
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.