Moscow behind the icons walking tour
Discover authentic lifestyle and see Moscow through the eyes of locals!
Mother Russia has undergone a long history, the epicenter of which from XIV century was Moscow. And the deep history left the traces in the streets and squares and also in the minds and traditions of the locals.
This 3-hour walking tour takes you around major city attractions (Red Square, St Basil’s Cathedral, GUM department store, Tverskaya street) and off the tourist path. Learn about Russia’s medieval past, the Soviet history, and contemporary Moscow lifestyle as you experience the city beyond the icons. Step on the cobble stones of Red Square, walk into GUM and savour the best ice-cream in town, get down to famous Moscow metro, and stroll along Tverskaya, go to the side streets to discover the buildings which were moved from their original places to 50+ meters during the major reconstruction of the city in 1930s, visit the real “soviet flat” and lit a candle in the XVI church.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional historian guide
- Hotel meet-up and return to hotel or any place at request (taxi at request for extra)
- Local taxes
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fees
- Entry/Admission - Revolution Square (Ploshchad Revolutsii)
- Entry/Admission - Tsiferblat
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions by car/ taxi (available upon request for extra)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Red Square, Moscow 109012 Russia
Red Square is the city's focus point, the main attraction to visitors and locals of Moscow from XV century. Explore this vast area as the guide is telling you stories behind each building flanking it. Lit a candle in the Church of our Lady of Kazan.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: GUM, Red Square, 3 Metro Ploshchad Revolyutsii, Moscow 109012 Russia
Do not say 'GUM', say 'GOOM'. This gorgeous department store in Red Square was once an apartment block for Communist party leaders' families. Now it is a high end shopping arcade. Try the best Moscow ice cream which locals eat winter and summer
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Revolution Square (Ploshchad Revolutsii), Ploschad Revolyutsii Close to Red Square, Moscow 109012 Russia
One of the most amazing metro pavilions with 56 statues. Moscow metro is 8th World Wonder
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Tverskaya Street (Ulitsa), Tverskaya ulitsa, Moscow Russia
Stroll along Tverskaya, go to the side streets to discover the buildings which were moved from their original places to 50+ meters during the major reconstruction of the city in 1930s
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Tsiferblat, Tverskaya St, 12, стр. 1, Moskva, Russia, 125009
Get to know how locals live in this authentic apartment. By old Russian tradition you will be offered a cup of tea with pryanik (ginger bread, local cookie)
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Pushkin Square, Pushkinskaya ploshchad, Moscow Russia
The tour ends in the most Romantic place of the city - Pushkin square. You will learn why it is so
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We meet up our guests at Hotel or hotel apartment or other place at request within Moscow
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.