Motorbike Tour To Leh Ladakh
• An extreme adventurous special guided Motorbike & Jeep tour to western Himalayas.
• Covering Manali, Rohtang Pass, Keylong, Jispa, Baralacha-la, Tanglang-la,
Leh, Hemis, Pangong Lake, Magnetic hill and Gurudwara Pathhar Sahib etc.
• A ride/drive to highest motor able pass in the entire world-Khardung-la (5600m)
• Professional mechanical backup with support vehicle.
• Historical, Buddhist monasteries and Palaces of Leh-Ladakh
• Visiting Pangong Lake in Ladakh
• Sand dunes of Nubra valley.
• Highest Altitude gained:- 5600 m (Khardung-la)
• Grade:- Adventure+
• Temperature:-15 to 20*C (Day time) approx.
• Best Period:- June to September
• Distance: - 1600 to 1800 kms.
per adult from
What's included :
- 8x Breakfast
- 8x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 8 nights
- Entry/Admission - Hemis Monastery
What's excluded :
Day 1: MANALI-GEMUR/JISPA (140 Km aprox)
Stop At: Rohtang Pass, Himalayan Ranges India
We will start our journey by riding through the lush green countryside of Manali. We will be crossing the famous Rohtang La (3978m) the gateway to Lahaul & Spiti. Rohtang La is known for its natural beauty and snow corridors and is a paradise for photographers and travelers worldwide.
Duration: 20 minutes
Accommodation included: Overnight stay at Gemur/Jispa Guest House, best place for acclimatization.
Day 2: GEMUR/JISPA--RUMSEY/LATO Via.Sarchu (4255m) over Tanglang-la (5360m)
Pass By: Tanglang La, Leh-Manali Highway Road Ladhak, Leh 194101 India
Usually.. most of the tourists stop at Sarchu or Pang for overnight stay. But in order to avoid AMS (Acute
Mountain Sickness) we advise you to ride/drive up to Lato/Rumsey (if possible) ...So........ Get yourself ready
for a long ride today! ...... Should start early (6 am) as your journey starts again towards high Himalayas via
Darcha (3360m) and Jispa (3142m) along the River, with Buddhist prayer flags and chhortens on the way. We
pass through many hairpin bends entering into the heights of the route via Himmatnagar, Patseo(3811m)
Zingzing bar (4150m) and Suraj tal lake(4800m).Than proceed to Baralacha la(4950m), one of the most famous
passes in the Himalayan region with the source of three rivers-Chandra, Bhaga and Yunam.. Afterwards,
descend down to reach Bharatpur. Than riding through the gorges, cross the bridge to enter Sarchu
plateau(4255m) .Journey continues... a zigzag road goes up to Lachulang La pass (5065m) with a series of
hairpin bends again. Afterwards, the road twists its way to Pang through the beautiful gorges looming up on
both sides of the road. We will ascend up to the Pang Plateau also known as the More Plains (4790m).
Adventurous ride in the desert encircled by snow-capped peaks. The road runs along an extensive plain for
about 42 kms. There are chances of spotting wild herds of Nagawa, a sheep like animal. Than a breathtaking
climb up to Tanglang La (5360m) the 2nd highest motorable pass in the world. A small temple sits atop the pass
with a few prayer flags fluttering in the strong, chilly breeze. Beautiful views of the Zanskar range can be seen.
Reaching Rumsey/Lato for overnight stay.You must be tired. Have a good sleep as you don’t have to wake up
early. Good Night!
RUMSEY/ LATO.. is about 70-75 kms before Leh town. Nice place to stay in Camps/Home stays with
Homemade Ladakhi local food.
Accommodation included: Overnight stay at Rumsey camps/homestays with freshly prepared Ladakhi Dinner
Day 3: RUMSEY/ LATO -Leh (3505m)
Stop At: Hemis Monastery, Hemis India
After good rest at your Home stay/Camp ... start your ride/drive after a nice homemade breakfast towards the
next destination. Same day you can visit the ancient Hemis Monastery enroute. A road diversion from Karu
just near Upshi (50 kms before Leh) Monastery closes at 5 Pm....After crossing few more villages one reaches
the great Indus River. Than a short ride along one of the best mountain roads in the Himalayas to the
mysterious land of lamas (the monks).On arrival check-in to a good hotel at Leh for relax.
• Hemis Gompa (Monastery): - Drive about 45 kms. towards south of Leh. Hemis is the biggest
monastery in Ladakh. Monks receive religious training here. It belongs to the Drukpa order and was
founded in the early 17th century.
Duration: 1 hour
Accommodation included: Overnight stay in Leh where comfortable Hotels/Guesthouses awaits us..
Day 4: Leh –Nubra Valley Tour via Khardung-la (5600m)
Stop At: Khardung La Road, 194101 India
Hiring some Local Bikes/Cab today for this tour as bikes from Himachal Number plates are not allowed to visit
Khardung-la (Nubra Valley & Pangong Lake) Khardung-la pass is the highest Motorable pass in the world
(5600m) according to the Gunnies Book of World Records. Enjoy the natural beauty of the peaks especially the
Zanskar chain at the south and the Karakoram chain at the north. Reaching Hunder. Enjoy sand dunes of
Nubra...Overnight stay at hotel in Hunder...
Duration: 20 minutes
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
Day 5: Hunder – Pangong lake (4400m) 170 kms apx.
Stop At: Pangong Tso, Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir, India; Ladakh, , India;, Leh 194101 India
An early morning ride/drive to Pangong Lake. (4400m) via Shyok river.Reaching Durbuk. Durbuk village stands
a chain of war memorials of the soldiers who lost their lives during the Indo-China war in 1962. Some of the
army bunkers and trenches are still in use. Villagers can be seen here along with their herds like Pashmina
sheep and long-tailed yaks. Pangong is one of the most amazing lakes in Asia which changes its color 4 to 5
times a day in distinct shades of blue, green, purple, and violet, being transparent to a good depth.
Here some very few boats are available and they belong to the army who may consider your request but
won’t allow you to go beyond half a kilometer though 25% of the 150 km lake belongs to India and remaining
75% stretch of water belongs to China. The lake was once divided between Ladakh and Tibet as early as 1684
under the Treaty of Tingmosgang signed between the king of Ladakh, Deldan Namgyal, and the Regent of
Tibet. But as of today it is shared by India and China. Enjoy the sunset at lake...Overnight stay at Pangong Lake.
Duration: 4 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight stay at Pangong Tso camps.
Day 6: Pangong Lake – Leh 150 kms apx.
Pass By: Changla Pass, India
Good morning...Enjoy the morning sunrise at about 5:30 am.....After breakfast ride to Leh...via Changla pass
(5425m). Reaching Leh. Short walks around the Leh Mall road for shopping etc.
Accommodation included: Overnight stay at Leh Homestays/hotels
Day 7: Free day in Leh city for local sightseeing /shopping
Stop At: Leh Royal Palace, Leh India
Visit and explore ancient monasteries around Leh representing Ladakhs Buddhist heritage. Short walks
around Leh city, including a visit to Shanti Stupa ( a pagoda style Japanese temple, symbol of peace). And then
some good shopping at the evening. Here we have some ideas according to your choices and schedule...
• Shey palace: - A 15 kms. drive from Leh; used to be the summer palace of the king of Ladakh. There are lots of
Stupas and Gompas built around the palace. This palace was built by Deldan Namgyal in the beginning of 17th
• Thiksey Gompa: - About 2 kms. from Shey palace, this monastery is considered to be one of the most
beautiful in Ladakh region and belongs to the Gelukspa order.
• Spituk Gompa: - Situated on the top of a hill, 8 Kms. from Leh, with a spectacular view of Indus Valley for
miles. Many icons of Buddha and five thankas are found in this 15th century monastery, including a great
collection of ancient masks, antiques and arms.
• Phyang Gompa: - Looks like a palace from a distance situated 17 Kms. from Leh on the Leh - Kargil road and
was built by Tashi Namgyal in the later half of the 16th century A.D. The Gompa belongs to the Red Cap sect of
the Buddhists. Hundreds of icons of Buddha are kept on wooden shelves. During the festival, some attractive
mask dance performances can be seen.
• Leh Palace: - This nine- storied palace has an important part in the history of Ladakh and was built by the ruler
of Ladakh Sengge Namgyal in 17th century. Worth visiting to this great monument.
• Tour to Magnetic hill :-...About 30 kms.from Leh (On the way to Kargil)
• Gurudwara Pathhar Sahib... (On the way to Kargil) Enroute visit ... Shaam valley, Alchi, Likir, Magnetic Hill,
Confluence (sangam), Gurudwara Pather Sahib (On the way).
Duration: 5 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight stay at Leh Ladakh hotels/homestays
Day 8: Ride back to Manali from Leh
Pass By: Tanglang La, Leh-Manali Highway Road Ladhak, Leh 194101 India
Start your machines and ride towards Manali as early as possible (6 AM).Enjoy the full length straight back ride
back to Manali via Sarchu, Pang, Keylong. On arrival check-in to a good hotel at keylong. Get complete rest and get ready for the final day of our tour.
Accommodation included: Overnight stay at keylong hotel
Day 9: Final day Keylong to Manali
Pass By: Rohtang Pass, Himalayan Ranges India
Rohtang pass (3978m), the gateway to Lahaul, Spiti, Pangi and Zanskar.
Accommodation included: Get complete rest
with the memories of this wonderful Himalayan voyage...... Our services ends here....Good night!!!
Departure Point :The Mall, Siyal, Manali, Himachal Pradesh 175131, India
Departure Time :6/15/2019 - 10/21/2021
Monday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM Thursday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM Friday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM Saturday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM Sunday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.