Mount Lhotse Expedition
Lhotse (8516 m) is the 4th highest mountain in the world. The name of mount Lhotse comes after Mount Everest 8,848 metres (29,029 ft), Mount K2 8,611 metres (28,251 ft) and Kanchenjunga 8,586 m (28,169 ft) . Lhotse lies about 3 Km south of Mount Everest, separated by the south col. In fact, Lhotse mean “south peak or south face”. Lhotse massif includes Lhotse East or middle (8,414 m ), Lhotse Shar (8,383m. ) and Lhotse (8,516m).The main summit of Mt Lhotse was first climbed on May 18, 1956, by the Swiss team of Ernst Reiss and Fritz Luchsinger from the Swiss Mount Everest/Lhotse Expedition. Lhotse can be climbed either from Everest Base Camp or nearby Chhukung. The mountaineer faces many obstacles during Mount Lhotse Expedition i.e. high altitude, bad weather condition, thin oxygen level, windy, & fatigue.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 3 meals during trek and climbing
- All overnight accommodations while on the trek and climb
- Mountain climbing equipments
- Experienced Climbing Sherpas
- Accomodations in Kathmandu(B/B)
- Salary & Wages of Office Staff
- Travel & rescue fees of office staff
- Permit fees for mountain climbing
- all meals & accommodation of office staff
What's excluded :
- All Expenses not mentioned above
- Lunch and dinner at Kathmandu
- International Airfare
- Airport departure tax
- Personal equipments & extra services
- Travel as well as Rescue Insurance & trip Cancellation
- Nepal Visa Fees
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
Day 02-04: In Kathmandu optional tour and preparation for Lhotse Expeditions.
Day 05: Scenic flight to Lukla (45 minutes) and trek to Phakding (2,652m. /4-5 hours trekking / 8km approx.)
Day 06: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m - 06 hrs
Day 07: Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization
Day 08: Trek to Thyangboche 3,867 m - 05hrs
Day 09: Trek to Dingboche 4,260 m - 05 hr
Day 10: Trek to Lobuche 4,930 m - 05 hrs.
Day 11: Trek to Gorakshep 5,170 m and to Lhotse / Everest Base Camp 5, 364 m.
Day 12: At base camp acclimatization and preparations
Day 13-30: (18 days) Ascent of Mount Lhotse and withdrawal to Base Camp.
Day 31: Clean up the base camp and packing for return journey
Day 32: Trek to Pangboche 3,900 m - 06 hrs.
Day 33: Trek to Namche Bazaar - 06 hrs.
Day 34: Trek to Lukla - 06 hrs.
Day 35: Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
Day 36-37: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour
Day 38: Departure Day
Departure Point :Thamel, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
Departure Time :6:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.