Mount Popa and its Surrounding Villages
Inked in as the birthplace of Buddhists spirits, Mount Popa draws visitors from near and far. Shrouded by the animistic presence of the nats, stories and sagas fill the day with a visit to a charming village with sustainable intensions outside Bagan.
• Marvel at the magnificence of the Myingyan Plain
• Explore the foot and top of Mount Popa
• Learn about the stories of the nats and their importance
• Watch how sustainable practices on a local scale thrive
• Lunch at a leading resort is included
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Lunch at a leading resort is included (food only)
- All applicable taxes and service charges
What's excluded :
- Bagan Archaeological Site entrance fees
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Entry/Admission - Mount Popa
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Popa, Kyauk Padaung Road, Popa Myanmar
In the morning, pick up from your hotel in Bagan by your guide and driver and head out towards Mount Popa. The extinct volcano is visible from a distance with its pagodas and stupas towering majestically on top. Mount Popa is the home to animist spirits known as ‘nats’, and you will have time to climb the 777 steps to the shrine at the top of the peak. At the foot of the mountain, you will observe Nat Shrine contains a display of mannequin-like figures representing the 37 Nats and is a major pilgrimage destination. There will be the opportunity to explore the fascinating monasteries, stupas and shrine that abound plus, of course, enjoy the dramatic and mammoth-size view back across the Myingyan Plain.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Old Bagan, Myanmar (Burma)
Lunch is included at a leading resort before we make our way back in the direction of Bagan. On the way back to Bagan, a stop will be made at a local palm tree plantation. This relaxing break will give you the chance to observe local working life with Palm trees.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Zee O Village ( ဇီးအို ကျေးရွာ ), Nyaung-U, Myanmar (Burma)
Just outside Bagan lies the local village of Zee O, where you can also observe how the villagers there preserving their Sacred Forest of 16 hectares covered with over 600 Ingyinn trees. The Ingyinn trees are on the IUCN’s (International Union for Conservation of Nature) Red List of Threatened Species. The villagers do not dare to take out even one small branch or leave for the fear of “the two guardian spirits” which inhabit the forest. Meet with the village head who will be happy to escort you walking inside the forest.
After that, it is also interesting to visit the village’s library and the clinic to see how they are operated for the village and nearby villages around. The village landmark a thousand-year-old Tamarind tree has been well preserved and deserves a photo stop.
We return to your hotel in Bagan where you will return at around 6 pm.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located in Old and New Bagan hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Old and New Bagan. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Mount Popa, river cruise ports and Bagan’s Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Large part of this excursion includes walking up stairs. This may not suit guests with walking issues.
- Bear in mind that such paths may turn slippery / muddy after a rain shower. We suggest wearing good walking shoes, preferred closed shoes, when booking this tour.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.