Mountain Biking Day Trip in Baga Khenty Mountains
The perfect tour for those looking to combine some fun and easy exercise by biking through wooded hillsides and open valleys of Baga Khenty mountains. A short car transfer east of Ulaanbaatar brings you to the giant mounted statue of Chinggis Khan where the biking starts from. While bikes are being readied you can take a panoramic view of the vast steppe from an observation deck on the horses head. You'll cycle at your own pace on peaceful country roads and catch a glimpse of a life that has seemingly not changed for a few hundred years. Large flocks of yaks, sheep and goats roam the area and circular tents of local herders can be seen from time to time. Picnic lunch will be served at the day’s highest point (1750m) with a lush meadow and wooded slopes as the back drop. The rest of the day is a gentle roll across open valley with many nomadic homes dotting the scenery. By 5pm we load bikes and take a 2 hour return transfer to UB.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Admission fee to the Statue Complex
- Entry/Admission - Genghis Khan Statue Complex
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Genghis Khan Statue Complex, Tsonjin Boldog, Ulaanbaatar Mongolia
This is a perfect tour for travelers seeking fun while stay active by biking through wooded hillsides and open valleys of Baga Khenty mountains. At 8 o'clock in the morning, you will be picked up at your centrally located hotel accommodation in Ulaanbaatar for a short car ride to the east of Ulaanbaatar arriving at the giant mounted statue of Chinggis Khan where the biking tour starts. While bikes are being prepared for you, you could soak up the panoramic view of the vast steppe from an observation deck on the horses head (optional).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Khentii Mountains, Mongolia
You will cycle at your own pace on peaceful country roads and catch a glimpse of life that has seemingly unchanged for a few hundred years. Large herds of yaks, sheep and goats roam the area and circular tents of local herders can be seen along the way. Picnic lunch will be served at the highest point (5,742 feet/1,750 meters) of day with a lush meadow and wooded slopes in the back drop. The rest of the day is a gentle roll across open valley with many nomadic homes dotting the scenery. By 5pm, your bikes will be loaded up on the vehicle that will transfer you back to Ulaanbaatar in two hours.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Bayangol Hotel, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.