Mt Longonot Guided Climbing Expeditions
Only an hours drive from Nairobi, its Mt longonot National park. The hiking trip is ideal for both experienced and inexperienced hikers. If you are looking for a place to enjoy smooth outdoor hiking activity, then Mt Longonot is the place to visit. Mt longonot rises from the floor of the Great Rift Valley like a monolith forming an extinct volcanic mountain. A unique feature is the thick forest that lies within the crater of the mountain. The crater rim also provides great scenic views across the beautiful Rift Valley. Major wildlife attractions at Mount Longonot include buffaloes, elands, lion, leopard, bushbucks, common zebra, giraffe and Grant’s gazelles.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Guide and Guiding fees
- Mt Longonot Entrance fees
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
Our Maasai Mara Safaris Guide will meet you early in the morning at your Nairobi based hotel. After briefing, you are set for the one hour ride in a private vehicle. You will also be able to stop at the Great Rift valley View point for viewing and Photography. The countryside is beautiful and you will pass several towns with people going ahead with their daily activities.
Proceed to the Base of Mt Longonot, where the hiking guide will be waiting. After getting the admission tickets, you are set for the hiking. It will be around 5 hours for climbing and walking round the crater. Of course, there are several stop overs for relaxing and sipping some waters. You are able to spot some animals like gazelles, Giraffes and Buffaloes. After descending, you will be ushered to your vehicle for the drive back to Nairobi. You may also decide to have your lunch at the base restaurants or on the way back.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Homes and Apartments
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.