Munich Christmas Market Private Walking Tour
Meetingpoint: in front of Munich Town Hall or Meeting Point at hotel possible if central, without extra charge
End location: Any central point in the city
Maximum 25 participants per Guide
You will learn about
• History of Christmas market
• Christmas tradition in Germany
• Traditional bavarian experience
• Tales and culinary arts
• History of the Town Hall
• Lebkuchen, a tasty gingerbread cake
• Glühwein (mulled wine)
• Story of the Medieval Market
• History of Crib Market
• History of the royal Residenz
per adult from
What's included :
- Local Guide who will be with your group only
- Private guided Tour
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Marienplatz
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Marienplatz 1, 80331 Munich, Bavaria Germany
There is no better place to begin our impressive experience in german traditional customs then in
Marienplatz, the main Christmas Market with the amazing Town Hall providing an epic backdrop
to the festivities. Every year, the Christkindlmarkt is held in front of Munich Town Hall in a
prime location for the three million visitors in the pedestrian heart of the city.
Together with our "christmas market specialist" you will stop at the various stalls and hear stories
about the history of the markets, the meaning of the decorations, and all Christmas rituals
associated with them. Don't miss the chance to sample the traditional seasonal delight,
Lebkuchen, a gingerbread cake and a glass of hot mulled wine. Christmas markets offer a unique,
overwhelming variety of local products like Christmas tree ornaments, handcrafted goods,
household items, honey products, candy and cookies, and so many more, so... shopping is a must!
Don't forget to bring some cash with you, it is possible that many of the vendors don’t accept
Another market where we will stop is the Kripperlmarkt, or crib market, which features some of
the most impressive nativity scene cribs and figurines you’ll ever find.
Definitely worth a visit is "Christmas village" in the palace courtyard of the Royal Residenz, a
place recreating a farming village in the former Bavarian seat of government.
In this tour we will also visit the Medieval Market, a place that recreates the atmosphere of what
the original Munich Christmas markets must have been like, with music, handmade stalls and
stallholders dressed in clothing from the Middle Ages.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1: hotels, Tal 50, 80331 München, Germany
2: hotels, Tal 50, 80331 München, Germany
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- This walk tour suitable for any age
- For this walk tour no transportation needed
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.