Museo Santuarios Andinos Arequipa Admission Ticket
To understand a part of the history of the Incas.
The Andean Sanctuary Museum, home to the 'mummy' Juanita. Discovered at the top of Ampato Mountain in 1995, in the Andes of Southern Peru, Juanita is in fact not a mummy but a frozen 12 year old Inca girl who was sacrificed to the gods in the 1450s.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance fee ticket to the "Mummy Juanita museum"
- Entry/Admission - Museo Santuarios Andinos
What's excluded :
- Tiping for the museum tour guide
- Visit: Museo Santuarios Andinos, La Merced 110 A Media Cuadra De La Plaza De Armas, Arequipa Peru
Momia Juanita (Spanish for "Mummy Juanita"), also known as the Lady of Ampato, is the well-preserved frozen body of an Inca girl who was killed as an offering to the Inca gods sometime between 1450 and 1480 when she was approximately 12–15 years old. She was discovered on Mount Ampato (part of the Andes cordillera) in southern Peru in 1995 by anthropologist Johan Reinhard and his Peruvian climbing partner, Miguel Zárate.
"Juanita" has been on display in the Catholic University of Santa María's Museum of Andean Sanctuaries (Museo Santuarios Andinos) in Arequipa, Peru.
Departure Point :Museo Santuarios Andinos, La Merced 110 A Media Cuadra De La Plaza De Armas, Arequipa Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
The day before we will message you giving you details.
Departure Time :8/7/2019 - 9/18/2021
Monday - Saturday: 09:30 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.