My Lai Massacre Memory 1 Day Tour From Da Nang City
Take a day trip to travel back in time and learn first-hand about the tragedies of the My Lai Massacre that occurred during the Vietnam War. Explore the village of My Lai to interact with the locals then visit the museum to learn more.
● Journey deep into the countryside of central Vietnam
● Stop at a local market for a fascinating insight into local life
● Visit Chien Dan Cham Towers a vestige of the ancient Champa civilization
● explore the tragic village of My Lai and learn firsthand about the tragic massacre that occurred here
● Interact with locals as you wander through the village
per adult from
What's included :
- English speaking tour guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- All entrance fees
- Travel insurance: $5,000 USD/ case/ person
- Entry/Admission - My Lai Massacre Museum
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Tippings/ Gratuities
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: My Lai Massacre Museum, Tu Cung village, Tinh Khe commune, Quang Ngai Vietnam
We will start our trip with a stop at the Pig market of My Lai, where we can see the scenes of the daily life of people in here. On the way to My Lai, we will visit Chien Dan Cham towers, one of the Champa towers. My Lai village has sadly become famous because of the mass murder of civilians during the US – Viet Nam War. On 16th March 1968, the soldiers of the Charlie Company – 1st Battalion, the 20th Infantry Regiment and the 11th Brigade of the American Division entered into My Lai Village looking for the Viet Cong soldiers. Some American soldiers suspected that some of the enemies were hiding in the village, protected by the villagers. This led to a mass murder of over 300 unarmed civilians including women, children and elderly parents.
This trip to the historical site of My Lai will give you more insight into the tragedies of the US – Viet Nam War. You will visit the museum, meet the local villagers and go around the village before going back to Da Nang.
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Point :Đà Nẵng Museum of Cham Sculpture, Số 02 Đ. 2 Tháng 9, Bình Hiên, Hải Châu, Đà Nẵng 550000, Vietnam
Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up at your hotel which is located within Centre of Da Nang City and Hoi An Ancient Town. Picking up at other suburban districts might be extra charged.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.