Mycenae and Epidaurus Full Day Trip from Athens with Walking Tour in Nafplio
Explore with this guided one full day trip from Athens to Nafplio area the remains of the ancient city of Mycenae, the unique Epidaurus theater and enjoy Nafplio, one of the most beautiful cities of Greece.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by luxury A/C bus
- Professional and licensed guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (selected hotels)
- Free WiFi on tour coaches
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site Mycenae
- Entry/Admission - The Great Theatre of Epidaurus
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Corinth 201 00 Greece
Depart from our terminal for one day tour via the coastal National highway for the Corinth canal (short stop).
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Archaeological Site Mycenae, Mycenae 21200 Greece
After the Corinth Canal, you enter the region of Argolis, land of Homer’s Golden Mycenae, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Dating back to the second century B.C., Mycenae was one of the major centers of Greek civilization and a military stronghold which dominated much of southern Greece . Visit the archaeological site, home to the kingdom of mythical Agamemnon. You will see the Cyclopean Walls, the Lion’s Gate, the Royal Tombs, including Agamemnon Clytemnestra's, and the Treasury of Atreus, a magnificent 14th-century B.C. structure. In Mycenae you will have the chance for an optional stop in a pottery factory.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: Παλιά Πόλη του Ναυπλίου, Nafplion 211 00, Greece
Then, proceed to Nauplion the first capital of modern Greece with its Venetian fortress of PALAMIDI and the fortified islet of BOURTZI. It was named after Nafplios, son of Poseidon, and it is home of Palamidis, the local hero of the Trojan war and supposedly the inventor of weights and measures, lighthouses, the first Greek alphabet and the father of the Sophists. After a walking tour of the city, you will have lunch in a restaurant beside the sea with amazing views of Bourtzi islet in the middle of the Port. Those who have selected the option without lunch, will have the time to explore further the city or relax having a nice coffee.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: The Great Theatre of Epidaurus, Ethniki Odos Isthmou Archaias Epidavrou, Epidavros 210 52 Greece
Continue on to Epidaurus and visit the ancient theatre. The UNESCO’S world heritage listed monument is reputed to be the birthplace of Apollo's son Asklepios, the healer and was the most celebrated healing center of the classical world. Epidaurus is probably most famous for its theatre, one of the best preserved classical Greek buildings and still used today due to its amazing acoustics. The Argolis (Mycenae - Epidaurus) day tour returns to Athens in the late afternoon.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Athanasiou Diakou 26, Athina 117 43, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pick up/drop off service from/to Athens centrally located hotels.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 26 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Small group tour of maximum 26 people (50% of bus capacity). We provide all clients with whisper audio devices which are thoroughly sanitized (charging cases with UVC lights). Lunch or sealed lunch boxes will be provided at restaurant that follow the hygiene protocols (if lunch option is selected).
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.