MY*GUiDE EXCLUSiVE Lake Königssee, 'Fuehrer Headquarters' & EAGLE'S NEST Tour from Munich
UPDATE JUNE 2021: ALL SIGHTS ARE OPEN!
Spectacular views, an idyllic, crystal clear mountain lake, and German history from the Middle Ages to the infamous Nazi rule during the 3rd Reich: all this and much more awaits you on this private full-day PANORAMA-Tour with your personal and professional guide. Starting with a drive that offers many scenic highlights, you will then be enchanted by the historic town of Berchtesgaden - finally the cruise across Lake Königssee to the renowned peninsula of St. Bartholomä will simply take your breath away!
Enjoy the view from the spectacular Eagle's Nest view point (Shuttle busses from May - Oct), then gain a deeper understanding of the tragic history of the Obersalzberg area.
Almost 1,000 m/3,200 ft above sea level, this plateau was confiscated by Hitler and his entourage as the 2nd seat of government. Some buildings from this period as well as the extensive bunker network are still partially preserved and open to the public – explore these and much more hidden vestiges from the '3rd Reich' together with your guide, supported by historical photographs.
On a nearby Panorama Road we reach in our comfortable and new VW-Minivan the highest point of our excursion, which is at the same time a 'Sound-of-Music' Film location. With these unforgettable impressions we return back to Munich.
per adult from
9 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professionally conducted private full-day excursion (only your group participates)
- Drive in the new and comfortable VW-Minivan (a/c), Wi-Fi on board
- Licensed, friendly and experienced Guide
- Scenic routes
- Tour length: 9 or 11 hours
- Bottled water
- No hidden costs!
- COVID-19 SAFE
What's excluded :
- Lake Königssee Cruise (2021): Adults: € 18.50 / Children (6 - 17 years): € 9.30
- Entry/Admission - The Eagle's Nest
- Entry/Admission - Rossfeld Panoramastrasse
- Entry/Admission - Dokumentationszentrum Obersalzberg
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Maria Ramersdorf Kirche, Ramersdorfer Str. 6, 81669 Munich, Bavaria Germany
We carefully curate our selection of sights for each tour to give you the ultimate tour experience. At the same time, this is YOUR exclusive tour, so we welcome your suggestions and do our best to accommodate your wishes. Whether you prefer to stay longer at one stop or add a whole new one, let us know and we’ll adapt your bespoke tour accordingly.
... but now: Look forward to a delightful tour, resting assured that you are in good hands with your friendly & professional tour guide, who will take you on eventful, informative yet relaxing excursions in our new VW Comfort Minivan.
... at the old pilgrimage church of St. Maria Ramersdorf from the 14th century we leave Munich and take the A8 heading Southeast ...
Stop At: Irschenberg, Irschenberg, Upper Bavaria, Bavaria
Soon we reach the 'Mount Irschenberg', the most beautiful view point that you can have from a German motorway.
This Motorway route was built in the mid-1930s as a "panoramic motorway". These today unusual routings were part of the National Socialist propaganda: the beauty of the landscape was abused by deliberately staging "German Homeland".
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Lake Chiemsee, Strandweg, 83339, Bavaria Germany
A short time later, after another magnificent view, we reach the largest lake in Bavaria, Lake Chiemsee. During a short walk to the beach you can also see Germany's first motorway rest area from 1937/38, whose extensive building facilities after WWII were used by the US Army as one of three recreation centres ("AFRC Lake Hotel") until 2003. An abandoned boat dock is still reminiscent of this time.
Soon we leave the motorway and drive along the "German Alpine Road". It is probably the most beautiful mountain road in the northern Alpine region.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Königssee, 83471 Schönau am Königssee, Germany
No road leads around the 8 km long Lake Königssee, which is surrounded by high rock walls - also the popular excursion destination on the west bank, the peninsula with the famous pilgrimage chapel St. Bartholomä and the former hunting lodge with its idyllic beer garden, can only be reached by boat (or or by a 5-hours hike on a steep path).
Experience the famous Echo of Lake Königssee on the impressive 35-minute cruise and marvel at the dreaded Mount Watzmann East Wall and a 'sleeping witch'!
The popular pedestrian zone in the village of Königssee and on the waterfront offers inexpensive shopping facilities.
Prices Königssee Cruise (2021):
Adults: € 18.50
Children (6 - 17 years): € 9.30
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Obersalzberg, 83471 Berchtesgaden, Germany
The darkest chapter of Berchtesgaden's history took place on the Obersalzberg, the so-called "Hitler's Alpine Fortress". This plateau below the 'Eagle's Nest' at a hight of 1,000 m (3,200 ft) was mostly forcibly confiscated by Hitler and his entourage, and declared as "Führersperrgebiet" ('Leader's restricted area') from 1933.
On April 25, 1945, about 1,300 bombs destroyed almost the entire area, only the "Eagle's Nest" ('Kehlsteinhaus'), among other buildings, was spared.
In 1952, the ruins of most of the bombed-out buildings were demolished or blown up, some of them rebuilt, such as the Hotel Türken.
Your guide, supported by historical pictures, will gladly show you everything that is left (locations of Hermann Göring's and Martin Bormann's houses as well as of Hitler's 'Berghof' and the General Walker Hotel, the coal bunker, Albert Speer's house and atelier, and much more..!)
A visit to the 'Documentation Obersalzberg' can round off and deepen these impressions. The entrance fee of € 3.00 per adult also includes also a visit to parts of the bunkers.
Due to the Corona situation, the extensive bunkers, which can be reached from the 'Türken' Hotel, are not accessible until further notice.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: The Eagle's Nest, dokumentatIon Obersalzberg, 83471 Berchtesgaden, Bavaria Germany
The EAGLE'S NEST ("Kehlsteinhaus") is OPEN between May and October (depending on the snow).
Enthroned in a spectacular location at 6,017 ft above sea level, the former representation building of the Nazis survived the British air raid on 25 April 1945 unscathed. At the behest of Martin Bormann, it was built - including the 6.5 km long access road - in just 13 months under the most difficult conditions for the workers. From the bus terminus you can reach the original elevator through a 124-meter-long tunnel, which takes you after another 124 meters (406 ft) to the Kehlsteinhaus, as it is called in the German language and which is now operated as a restaurant. An exhibition reminds us of the inhumane Nazi dictatorship of the 3rd Reich.
Prices Eagle's Nest (2021 - bus ride incl. lift):
Adults € 28.00
Children from 6 up to 14 years: € 14.50
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Berchtesgaden, Berchtesgaden, Upper Bavaria, Bavaria
First mentioned in a document at the beginning of the 12th century, the former monastery foundation 'Berthercatmen' experienced an economic upswing thanks to the free mining on salt and metal.
Today, the market town embedded in the overwhelming Berchtesgaden Alpine world is rightly one of the most popular holiday regions in Germany due to its abundance of sights!
Enjoy a stroll through the historic traffic-restricted center and let your guide show you the numerous sights and also shopping opportunities. The local brewery "Hofbrauhaus Berchtesgaden" is an ideal place to take a break.
You will also see the surprisingly huge central station (opened on 1 February 1940) and the tunnel portal of the planned new railway line to Salzburg. Also from this unspeakable period come the "little Reich Chancellery", as well as the residences of Wilhelm Keitel and Alfred Jodl.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Rossfeld Panoramastrasse, Berchtesgaden National Park, Berchtesgaden, Bavaria Germany
The construction of this special panoramic road began in 1938 and was completed in 1955. At an altitude of 1,600 m (5,250 ft), you can cross the Austrian border on foot. Cosy mountain inns await you with regional and international specialties, including spectacular views!
The final scene of the world-famous SOUND OF MUSIC movie was shot here in 1964.
The toll (2021) is € 8.50 for the vehicle including all passengers.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Dokumentationszentrum Obersalzberg, Salzbergstr. 41, 83471 Berchtesgaden, Bavaria Germany
(OPTIONAL): The Obersalzberg documentation (€ 3.00 per adult) is open every day in summer season 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
(From November to March open Tuesday to Sunday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., not on public holidays)
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
.Pick-up at any hotel/address in Munich at 7:30 or 8:30 AM, or any other pick-up time according to your wishes - then we ask for a brief notification..Pick-up (and/or return) is also possible outside Munich (e.g. MUC airport) on customer request - please ask us for any additional costs!
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- During the entire excursion, 1 GB of data volume is available free of charge (further data volume is available for a small fee).
- TRAVEL*SAFE & WITH CONFIDENCE ...and the certainty that with ALL our tours you & your Loved ones are safe and protected - Since our vehicle is equipped with the protective partition screens (removable), we now even exceed all COVID-19 requirements: 1) Only your group travels in our Minivan, which is cleaned and disinfected after each use. Hand Sanitizer is on board. 2) Your (Driver-) Guide has been vaccinated against COVID-19! 3) The Minivan is driven EXCLUSIVELY by me (owner of SiGHTSEEiNG BAVARiA EXCLUSiVE) - so there is 100% transparency and maximum security guaranteed. 4) When we leave the minivan for sightseeing, we STRICTLY AVOID ALL CROWDS AND GATHERINGS. The top priority is to keep a safe distance! If you have any doubts about visiting a particular attraction, we will always be able to offer alternative destinations. 5) We keep ourselves up-to-date on the latest recommendations and directives of the WHO and the German government. 6) If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us anytime. // WHENEVER YOU ARE READY FOR YOUR NEXT TRIP: Trust in SiGHTSEEiNG BAVARiA EXCLUSiVE Tours - we take the situation seriously, so that you can always enjoy MAXIMUM SAFETY combined with the familiar pre-pandemic COMFORT! // Stay healthy & well, with warm regards, Stefan [SiGHTSEEiNG BAVARiA EXCLUSiVE]
- Photo credits: © Berchtesgadener Land Tourismus (#Titel,#2, #3, #23, #26) / © SIGHTSEEING BAVARIA EXCLUSIVE (rest)
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- UPDATE JULY 2021: COVID-19 new infections have fallen below 0.01% in Germany. Your guide has been vaccinated. Furthermore, we continue to guarantee the highest protective measures, such as the partition screens in our van (removable). - Travel 100% SAFELY & COMFORTABLY ... more under "Additional Info"
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.