Nagarkot to Changu Narayan Day Hike
Nagarkot is a small hill village famous for panoramic mountain views. It is located 32 km east of Kathmandu in the Bhaktapur district. The mountain ranges that can be seen include Annapurna, Manaslu, Ganesh himal, Langtang, Rolwaling and Everest (from far distance) with views of the Kathmandu valley and Shivapuri National Park. Also we visit Changu Narayan Temple, one of the oldest Hindu temples in Nepal, originally built by Lichhavi King Mandev in the 4th century and listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Licensed English-speaking guide
- Lunch with tea/coffee
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer
What's excluded :
- Hard and soft table drinks and desserts
- Tips for guide
- At 7:30am, our guide will meet you at your hotel lobby and we head to Nagarkot in a private car. The drive takes about 1 hour. Nagarkot is a hill station situated at 2100m above sea level, 32 km east of Kathmandu in the Bhaktapur district. At the Nagarkot view point, we will enjoy panoramic views of the Himalayan ranges such as Annapurna, Manaslu, Ganesh himal, Langtang, Rolwaling and Everest (from far distance) as well as views of the Kathmandu valley and Shivapuri National Park.
After admiring the splendid view, we start hiking down gradually to Changu Narayan. The hike takes about 4 hours. We will pass through terraced fields and local villages (Tamang and Newar ethnic groups) as well as green forests until we reach one of the oldest temples in Nepal - the Changu Narayan Temple. It was built in the 4th century during the Lichhavi King Mandev period. It was subsequently destroyed by fire and rebuilt in 1702. We will have lunch in a local restaurant here before returning to your hotel in Kathmandu by private car. The drive takes about 1 hour.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
7:30am - Please be ready at your hotel lobby at this time.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If severe weather conditions occur on the day, tour may be cancelled and a full refund will be made
- If you are satisfied with the guide service, please kindly offer a tip at the end of tour
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 3 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.