Naples by Night Food Tour with Wine Tasting & Visit of Decumani and Ancient City
Enjoy this pleasant walk in one of the most enchanting cities of the world. Be welcomed by your professional and local guide in piazza Bellini and follow them in a journey through the centuries and the tradition of the Neapolitan cuisine. The original recipes preserved and handed down one generation to the other. Listen to the story of the pizza Margherita and enjoy the fresh buffalo mozzarella. Walk into the historical centre and have a pizza fritta while stopping by the Pulcinella statue to hear the story of the iconic character of Naples. Have a shot of limoncello and sit at the Gambrinus to enjoy a baba’ or a sfogliatella. Just remember to come hungry – you will have enough food for the whole week!
per adult from
What's included :
- Food tasting
- Local and professional guide
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meet your guide in piazza Bellini, by the Greek Walls, and be ready to start the tour. You will soon enter the historical centre of Naples by via dei Tribunali, one of the main streets – the decumanus – of the ancient city of Neapolis. Reach the Tempietto del Pontano and listen the incredible story of the Church of the Holy Stone before heading in via Atri. There you will stop to have fresh buffalo mozzarella – its taste will shake your papillas. You will then continue your journey into the Neapolitan culinary tradition: try the pasta e patate con la provola and the original ragu’ – pippiato according to the grandma’s recipe. Be intrigued by the pizza fritta and discover the unique flavour of the frittatina. To have a break, visit the small limoncello factory in the heart of the historical centre and sip a shot of liquor, which will help you digest before heading to piazza del Plebiscito. Have a coffee and a sfogliatella or a baba' at the famous caffe’ Gambrinus and listen to the anecdote of the suspended coffee.
Your tour will last 4 hours, and you will be led across the city, starting from the historical centre, passing via dei Tribunali, San Gregorio Armeno, Spaccanapoli, piazza San Domenico, piazza del Gesu’ and then walking down via Toledo till the amazing piazza del Plebiscito meets your eyes.
IMPORTANT: we can provide a vegetarian option, but the tour is not suitable for a vegan, gluten- or dairy-free diet.
Enjoy this pleasant walk through the history and the traditions of Naples.
Departure Point :Piazza Bellini, 80138 Napoli NA, Italy
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- We cannot accommodate vegan, gluten or dairy-free participants
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- We are taking recommended prevention measures from WHO and implement best-practices accordingly.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.