National Anzac Centre General Entry Ticket
In 1914 over 41,000 service men and women left from Albany bound for World War I. For many this would be the last time they saw home. Today at this very location stands the state-of-the-art award winning National Anzac Centre which uses multimedia, interactive technology and historical artifacts to create a deeply personal connection with the past, as well as pay tribute to those who served.
Through traditional museum display and highly interactive multi-media content, visitors assume the identity of one of 32 actual service men or women, and follow their experience of the Great War: From recruitment, through training and embarkation, ship-board life on the convoys, the conflicts at Gallipoli, the Middle East, and the Western Front. Finally, for those lucky enough to survive, you will witness their return home and the difficulties they faced adjusting back into normal society.
per adult from
1 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Access to all buildings within the Princess Royal Fortress
- Entry/Admission - National Anzac Centre
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and Drinks
- Visit: National Anzac Centre, 67 Forts Rd Mt Clarence, Albany, Western Australia 6330 Australia
The award winning National Anzac Centre is one of Australia’s most important cultural pilgrimages.
Located within Albany’s heritage listed Princess Royal Fortress, the centre overlooks the harbour from which over 41,000 men and women departed Australia for the Great War.
Immerse yourself in the Anzac Legend and follow personal stories through state of the art technology, multimedia and historic artefacts. Prepare to remember, learn and explore.
After your tour of the National Anzac centre, explore the large coastal guns, bunkers and fortifications of the heritage listed Princess Royal Fortress, a pre-federation coastal defense system which is one of Australia's oldest coastal military sites.
For nature and adventure lovers, immerse yourself in a 260 hectare natural reserve surrounding the National Anzac Centre that offers the ultimate blend of natural, cultural, historical and adventure based experiences including historic cultural sites, nature based walking and mountain bike trails, wildflowers, whale watching as well as shopping and dining.
The National Anzac Centre precinct can be accessed by car and ample free car parking is available. Allow up to 4 hours to explore both the National Anzac Centre and Princess Royal Fortress, or 2 hours if only touring the National Anzac Centre.
Departure Point :National Anzac Centre, 67 Forts Rd Mt Clarence, Albany, Western Australia 6330 Australia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- All buildings and attractions adjacent to the National Anzac Centre are included as part of the admission price.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.