National Park Lava Cliffs and Black Sand Beach
This tour includes two excursions within O le Pupu Pu’e, Samoa’s largest national park and a visit to the Aganoa Black Sand Beach - all just across the island from Apia.
We begin with an 800m walk through beautiful tropical rainforest to the amazing Ma Tree with its buttress roots that extend out for metres in all directions. Next is the day’s highlight walk to the Lava Sea Cliffs . Step back in time and visit the raw beauty of ancient and spectacular volcanic action in the form of sea cliffs, arches and islands. View the swirling bird life on one of the nearby islands. Adjacent to the National Park following a three km 4WD track we reach the magnificent, unspoiled and rarely visited Aganoa Black Sand Beach. Swim and lunch here on one of Samoa’s finest beaches.
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop-off Apia area only. Contact us for alternative options if staying outside of Apia
- All Fees and Taxes
- Lunch - Picnic style - sandwiches, snacks, and lots of fresh tropical fruit
- Bottled water - Please bring your own bottle - We have filtered water to refill along the way
- Entry/Admission - O le Pupu-Pue National Park
What's excluded :
- Pick-up and drop-off Outside of Apia . Contact us for alternative options if staying outside of Apia
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: O le Pupu-Pue National Park, Main South Coast Road, Si'umu, Upolu Samoa
8:00am Pick up in Apia and off up the Cross Island Road.
9:00am: Ma Tree Walk An 800m walk through the tropical rainforest of within the O le Pupu Pu’e National Park. At the end of the walk you will encounter the amazing Ma Tree with its buttress roots that extend out for meters in all directions.
10:15am O le Pupu Pu’e National Park Lava Cliff Walk: Step back in time and visit the raw beauty of ancient & spectacular volcanic action in the form of sea cliffs, arches & islands. Experience dramatic wave action and cooling spray along the way.
1:00pm Aganoa Black Sand Beach Accessible only via a 4WD track, explore the beach, feel the fine volcanic sand between your toes, enjoy a refreshing dip in the deep unprotected waters and finish with a fine picnic lunch.
Approx. 3:30pm Arrive back in Apia.
Duration: 5 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up and drop off to all central Apia Hotels. If you are staying outside of Apia we can meet you at the Sheraton Aggie Grey's Hotel & Bungalows parking lot.Ports
- Apia Marina
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Uneven ground - sturdy footwear required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Samoan Highland Adventures