National Theater & National Library Guided Tour, Admission & Transfer
Let us discover the secrets behind two cultural institutions of Brazil: The National Theater and the National Library.
Located in Downtown Rio, these two landmarks are known for their imponent building, impressive architecture and the striking sculptures and designs inside them.
Tour guide, entrance to the National Theater and the National Library and roundtrip transfer included.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Tickets to visit the National Theater and National Library
- Entry/Admission - Theatro Municipal do Rio de Janeiro
- Entry/Admission - National Library (Biblioteca Nacional)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Theatro Municipal do Rio de Janeiro, Praca Floriano Cinelândia, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20031-050 Brazil
Inaugurated in 1909, the National Theater is one of the most important theaters in Brazil.
The National Theater – or Theatro Municipal, as we call it in Portuguese - has drawn the attention of international artists and important names from Brazilian culture, including dancers, musicians, and opera singers. Since the 1930s, the Theatro Municipal of Rio de Janeiro has maintained its artistic independence and is the only Brazilian institution to have its own choir, a symphony orchestra, and ballet company.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: National Library (Biblioteca Nacional), Avenida Rio Branco 219, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20040-920 Brazil
The biggest library in Latin America was founded in 1810 by D. João VI, the King of Portugal. The National Library – or Biblioteca Nacional, as we call it in Portuguese - has an archive of almost 9 million items with rare books, manuscripts, original letters written by Princess Isabel, the first newspapers printed in the country, and two copies of the precious Mainz Psalter Bible, printed in 1492.
By law, a copy of every book published in Brazil must be held in the library. As the oldest cultural institution in the country, during your visit you see Brazil, quite literally, through the pages of history.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is available from most hotels in the areas of Leblon, Ipanema, Copacabana, Flamengo and Downtown (Centro). Contact us back to adjust the pickup time.For Barra da Tijuca/ Recreio we provide pick-up for an additional 10 USD per person that must be paid directly to the tour guide on the day of the tour.Ports
- Pier Mauá
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible, but not for all areas.
- We do not operate this tour on Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and Carnival season.
- Comfortable clothing and walking shoes are recommended for this tour.
- Special events at the National Theater and National Library may affect the tour. We contact you in advance to advise you.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers per Minivan.
- Minimum of 2 people are required for this activity to take place.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.