New Orleans Saint Louis Cemetery No. 1 Historical Tour: Every Tomb Tells A Story
Take a walk with us among the bones of the dead. Discover the grave sites of New Orleans’ famous and notorious like Paul Morphy, the world’s greatest chess player, Marie Laveaux, The Voodoo Queen of New Orleans, living Hollywood actor Nicolas Cage and many, many, others... Find out why, as New Orleans grew, a way to bury large numbers of people had to be found. Learn about our unique burial customs and what led to the evolution of New Orleans’ Cities of the Dead?
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed New Orleans Tour Guide
- Admission Fees
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Louis Cemetery No. 1, 425 Basin St, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
The oldest existing cemetery in the city, established 1789. Entrance restricted to authorized tour operations.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Backatown Coffee Parlour, 301 Basin St Suite 1, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Return Detail :St. Louis Cemetery No. 1, 425 Basin St, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Bring water, throw on a hat, wear comfortable shoes, and protect yourself from the rain.
- Tours Rain or Shine. Can’t be held responsible for missed tours, no shows, and late arrivals - its New Orleans, it happens. Tours start as scheduled. Please plan on arriving 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour.
- Near public transportation
- We are volunteer tour guides for the Friends Of The Cabildo & The Louisiana State Museum. We are members of the Tour Guide Association of Greater New Orleans, New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau & Save Our Cemeteries. We are registered tour operators for St. Louis Cemetery #1.
- No pets
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.