Newcastle Afoot East End Walk
This Newcastle Afoot walking tour is the ultimate introductory walking tour in Newcastle. Come on a fun and informative stroll of the inner city and beaches with a passionate and friendly local. You will discover the stories of Australia's 2nd oldest city, walk eclectic streets, find hidden architecture, art and laneways, and check out exciting local businesses, grabbing a delicious coffee and beach views along the way.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Coffee / tea / or ice cream
- Entry/Admission - Newcastle Afoot
- Entry/Admission - The Lock-Up
- Entry/Admission - Newcastle Beach
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Newcastle Afoot, Hunter Street Mall Shopping Ce 152-160 Hunter St, Newcastle, New South Wales 2300 Australia
Newcastle Afoot tours are top-rated on TripAdvisor and give you a local experience mixed with history & culture.
What you'll see: Find some of the east end's interesting hidden historic sites and architecture, beautiful beaches, and new creative hubs. You will be introduced to local community leaders and we will explain how they are shaping the city.
What you'll learn: The tour is full of stories from Aboriginal culture, and convict and industrial history, right through to Newcastle's internationally recognised urban renewal. The city has been going through big changes - will show you how a colonial industrial city is becoming a creative and creative and tech leader.
- 2.5km easy stroll over 2.5 hours
- Coffee, tea or ice cream included
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: The Lock-Up, 90 Hunter St, Newcastle, New South Wales 2300 Australia
Built in 1861, this old Police "Lock Up" held the main Newcastle holding cells for 120 years. This exciting building is now being used in exciting and contemporary ways, with two world-class galleries fitting into the old gaol cells.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Customs House Hotel, 1 Bond St, Newcastle NSW 2300, Australia
This beautiful historic building has an iconic tower and great views of Newcastle Harbour. Learn about the maritime history of Customs House and discover how it is now being adaptively re-used in modern Newcastle.
Stop At: Newcastle Beach, Shortland Esplanade, Newcastle, New South Wales 2300 Australia
Newcastle's inner-city beach allows for beautiful views of the ocean, modern architecture, surfing and some exciting sea life.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Newcastle Electric Bike Sharing, Wharf Rd - Ferry, Queens Wharf, Wharf Rd, Newcastle NSW 2300, Australia
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. In the event of extreme and unsafe weather you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- See our COVID-19 safety policy and plan on the Newcastle Afoot webpage.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.