Nicole's Table - All about Jerk
Jerk cooking is an authentic Jamaican way to cook meat. Whether it is pork, chicken, beef or fish, the meat is seasoned and slowly cooked over an open fire or on a barbecue grill.
"Jerk" is made up of regional spices ranging from scallions and thyme to pimento (all spice) and cinnamon. The first taste of jerked food is hot with pepper, but as you eat the other spices explode with stunning flavour. It is for this reason why all the other islands have adopted Jerk.
Jerk is now viewed as a regional food, and everyone has their own special recipe to make jerk seasoning.
Nicole will introduce visitors to all jerk spices and history, and discuss the various ways jerk seasoning can be used to give your food its own West Indian style when you return home.
Take this class not just to explore new flavours, but to enjoy the experience of cooking with new friends in a West Indian home with great view of the Caribbean Sea!
per adult from
What's included :
- Meals, drinks, and recipes as per itinerary
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel/Port pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Guests attend our classes in our large home on a high hill overlooking the Caribbean Sea.
Guests are provided with a booklet with all the recipes that will be created during the class. Segments of the class will be hands-on while other parts will be done via demonstration. This is a change from our previous hands-on classes that has became necessary due to COVID. However, COVID has not put a damper on the good humor, camaraderie, stories, and fantastic food that we enjoy in each class.
Travel from the Port is approximately 15 minutes and the time from most other locations is quite reasonable.
We are following all COVID protocols put forward by the US CDC and the Antigua Government.
Consequently, masks, social distancing, and multiple hand washings are required.
* Vegetarian options are available upon request.
• Nicole's Table, Orchid Hill Road Cedar Valley, St. John's Antigua
• Coconut Crisps and/or Green Plantain Chips with Pineapple Salsa - This starter is served in all four classes and is sometimes replaced with Cassava Chips.
• Jerk Chicken (or Tofu for vegetarians) with Grilled Pineapple - Dish is also served with Jerk Sweet Plantain Tostones, Red Beans and Rice in Coconut Milk, and a Garden Salad
• Coconut Custard Tarts - Rich, tasty, and one of our most popular desserts. It is served with our Coordinating Curry, Jerk and Seafood classes.
Departure Point :Orchid Hill Drive, Orchid Hill Dr, Antigua and Barbuda
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements (especially allergies!) at time of booking
- All recipes depend on the season and availability
- Stroller accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We are following all COVID protocols put forward by the US CDC and the Antigua Government. Consequently, masks, social distancing, and multiple hand washings are required.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Nicole's Table Ltd