Nuremberg Private Walking Tour
If you are a history buff, you've come to the right place! Nuremberg, the second largest city of Bavaria, is so much more than Third Reich history, Nazi Trials and WWII memorabilia: from the undeclared capital of the Holy Roman Empire and the preferred residence of most German kings, to a magnet for famous artists like Albrecht Dürer and to a powerhouse in Germany’s industrial revolution in the 19th century, Nuremberg had them all. Even Martin Luther wrote about the city: ”shines throughout Germany like a sun among the moon and stars.” Join our walking tour to understand exactly why and how Nuremberg got this well deserved fame.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local Guide who will be with your group only
- Private guided Tour
- Possible customizing on tour with your local guide on the spot
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Entrance fees
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Hauptmarkt, Nurnberg, 90403 Nuremberg, Bavaria Germany
You will learn about:
* The city's history during the Middle Ages
* The famous artists that shaped the city
* The Nuremberg Castle and its fascinating history
* Third Reich history and the Nuremberg Trials
* The local breweries and beer gardens and its most famous dish, the Nuremberg sausages with Sauerkraut
* How the city deals with its past today
You will see:
*Albrecht Dürers House
*The Schöner Brunnen (Beautiful Fountain)
*The Old Town
Start your walking tour in the Old Town, strolling through the narrow streets along the city walls while admiring the old timbered houses that you can see every step of the way.
Stop shortly in the Hauptmarkt. This bustling square in the heart of the Old Town is the site of daily markets as well as the famous Christkindlsmärkte (Christmas Markets). On its eastern side you can also see the ornate Gothic Frauenkirche (church) where daily the crowds gather to see the clock's figures enact a spectacle called the Little Men Dancing. In the same area you will find the Schöner Brunnen (Beautiful Fountain).
If you follow along the River Pegnitz, you will get a chance to see the landmarks like Albrecht Dürer House or St Lawrence Church. Finish your tour with a visit of Nuremberg Castle (tickets not included and on availability), a very impressive complex above the Old Town, reflecting Nuremberg's medieval might.
Departure Point :Hauptmarkt 18, 90403 Nürnberg, Germany
Return Detail :Nuremberg, Germany
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.