Ojos Negros Valley Wine and Cheese Route Tour in Baja California
With this tour, you will discover the Wine and Cheese Route at the Ojos Negros Valley, located east of Ensenada. The route is internationally recognized for the excellent quality of its wines and cheeses. Our first stop is at Vinicola Infinito, there you will be attended by Pepe Pedrosa, owner and winemaker of the winery, you will also have the opportunity to tour the vineyard and learn more about the world of wine. Vinicola Infinito is recognized for the excellent quality of the Shiraz grape, despite its sandy soil and extreme climates. After, we will move visit to La Cava de Marcelo, where you can learn, with a guided tour at their facilities, about crop production, livestock care, cheese making, and family history ending with a cheese, craft beer tasting and wine. Later, you can enjoy gourmet dishes at the restaurant La Casa Marcelo.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Transportation private vehicle with air conditioning.
- Cheese, craft beer and wine tasting and tour at La Cava de Marcelo.
- Local expert English/Spanish.
- Face masks, antibacterial towels, antibacterial spray, antibacterial gel.
- Bottles of water, cooler and snacks
- Entry/Admission - La Cava de Marcelo
What's excluded :
- Wine tasting at Infinito Winery.
- Lunch at Casa de Marcelo.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Valle Ojos Negros, Baja California, Mexico
Your tour begins at 11:30 a.m. with pickup from your hotel in Ensenada.
Near Ensenada, a valley full of vineyards, cheeses and fun opens its way, called Ojos Negros, in Baja California. 40 kilometers east of Ensenada stretches the beautiful and legendary Valle de Ojos Negros. Beautiful mountains of white rocks, green and fertile land where excellent vegetables and fruits are grown.
Stop At: Vinicola Infinito, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico
You can visit the vineyard, talk with the winemaker and owner Pepe Pedrosa. You will have the unique opportunity to carry out a personalized and private tasting.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: La Cava de Marcelo, Cava de Quesos Marcelo Localidad Ojos Negros, Ensenada, Ensenada Municipality 22910 Mexico
You'll first head to La Cava de Marcelo which is the main cava producer of artisan cheeses in Baja California. This place is internationally recognized for its high quality and has been in business since 1911. You'll enjoy a guided tour to learn about crop production, livestock care, preparation of cheeses, as well as, family history and cheese tasting and wine from the house in the cellar.
The brand name is Quesos Ramonetti and it offers natural cheeses in different presentations: Fresh, with Basil, with Romero, with Pepper, Cheese Aged 6 months, 1 and 2 years, and Ricotta and butter of the highest quality. Some of these will be included in your cheese tasting so you can try the best of the best.
Your tour then continues with lunch at the Restaurant La Casa Marcelo (own expense). Its menu offers a modern version of the traditional flavors of Mexican cuisine with the best local ingredients from Ojos Negros and Valle de Guadalupe.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any hotel in EnsenadaAny hotel in Valle de GuadalupeB&B/bnb in Ensenada and/or Valle de GuadalupeVacational rentals
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is casual
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- We recommend to have breakfast before the tour
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Installation of plastic panels separating the front and rear of the vehicle. Participants will be provided with a cooler with bottled water and snacks properly sanitized. Only people from the same group of no more than 4 participants will be allowed. Routes restructured .
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.