[Okura Village, Yamagata Prefecture] Okura Wasabi Harvesting and Processing Experience
At the foot of Hayama in the east and at the foot of Gassan in the south, there is Okura Village, the least populated in Yamagata Prefecture.
In winter, heavy snow of more than 3m is stored in beech forests, and after many years it has become a rich spring water, moistening rice terraces and growing fragrant wasabi.
We cultivate wasabi without using any pesticides or chemical fertilizers, and we are committed to processing without additives.
per adult from
What's included :
- ● Wasabi harvesting and processing experience plan: Wasabi 1 share ● Wasabi processing experience: Bottled wasabi soy sauce
- ● Wasabi Gozen (optional): Wasabi dish using all the wasabi
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea - Paid drinks
- Paid drinks
- Enjoy the wasabi field tour and the wasabi soy sauce processing experience using harvested wasabi in the clear air and beautiful scenery of Okura Village *
You can also taste all wasabi dishes ♪
Okura Village is a member of the most beautiful village association in Japan, and our company is also an associate member.
In beautiful scenery and clear air, we do not use pesticides, and we cultivate only with the spring water that is said to be delicious "Shizumi no Masutama".
At Wasabi Studio Okura, we have a visit to the Wasabi House and experience harvesting and processing.
Have you ever seen a whole wasabi?
Wasabi can be eaten from beard roots to leaves.
Why don't you take this opportunity to taste all wasabi dishes?
At the Wasabi House, you will have a tour of wasabi cultivation and harvest experience, and at the Wasabi Studio, you will have a "bottle experience of wasabi soy sauce" and a "wasabi pickle experience".
(Groups of 11 or more will experience Wasabi House)
[Option: Waisawa Gozen]
It is an option for up to 10 people.
• Shikamura Rice Terraces, Minamiyama, Okura-mura, Mogami-gun 996-0201 Yamagata Prefecture
• Hijiori Onsen, Okura-mura, Mogami-gun 996-0201 Yamagata Prefecture
• Tasting processed wasabi - Taste princess white rice with wasabi soy sauce and pickled wasabi
• Wasabi Gozen - You will enjoy wasabi dishes made with all-flowers.
Departure Point :八鍬土建わさび部門（大蔵わさびohkurawasabi）, 1299 Akamatsu, Okura, Mogami District, Yamagata 996-0301, Japan
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We thoroughly wear masks and alcohol disinfectant sprays for travelers and guides.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.