Old Delhi Half Day Small Group Tour
Discover the diversity and color of Delhi's action-packed streets, learn about India's struggle for independence and visit Hindu temples on this small group tour. From the labyrinthine backstreets and the striking Jama Masjid, to the bustle of Chandni Chowk, this old-world walled city within a modern metropolis is fascinating. Get an insight into local life and unearth the secrets of Old Delhi.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Rickshaw ride
- All Vegetarian Meal
- Chai drink
- Local snack
- Metro ticket
- Entry/Admission - Shani Mandir Temple
- Entry/Admission - Gurudwara Sis Ganj Sahib
- Entry/Admission - Spice Market
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees to Red Fort
- Gratuities for guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shani Mandir Temple, 10756, Phool Wali Gali, near filmistan, Manakpura, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110005, India
Visit a very old Hindu Temple and learn about this beautiful religion and extensive history.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Gurudwara Sis Ganj Sahib, Chandni Chowk Rd, New Delhi 110006 India
Visit this old SIkh Temple and learn about the most hospitable religion and the services they offer. Also, visit the community kitchen where they prepare food for around 3 to 4000 people every day.
Enjoy the Indian breakfast with the Indian Chai.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Spice Market, Khari Baoli Road 212/A, laxmi dry fruits, 39, Chandni Chowk Rd, Fatehpuri, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi, Delhi 110006, India
Explore Asia's biggest wholesale spice market with your local tour guide
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Hotel Jivitesh, # 11, Pusa Rd, opposite Metro Pillar Number 87, Block 17 A, WEA, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110005, India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
- This trip is offered on a "join-in" basis. Maximum group size is 12
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- Through this tour, we introduce different religions to our travellers, like Hinduism and Sikhism, which in turn fosters more cultural awareness and acceptance.
- We hire local rickshaw drivers for your tour versus taking taxis, who work very hard to earn a living for their families.
- On your tour you also visit local chai spots and taste local snacks at venues which are not accessible without a local guide leading the way, rather than more touristy areas.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.