On The Footprints Of Gabriel Garcia Marquez
In all the biographies and even in his own book, “Living To Tell The Tale" (2002), references are
made to the various times that Nobel Literature Prize winner Gabriel García Márquez lived in
Barranquilla. This special tour leads us to all the footprints our beloved “Gabo” left in this city
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Museo del Caribe
- Entry/Admission - La Tiendecita
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museo del Caribe, Calle 36 #46-66 Centro Historico, Parque Cultural del Caribe, Barranquilla 080000 Colombia
Here we find the Gabriel García Márquez Exhibition, that leads us to a writing room of a Caribbean newspaper of the 50's.
Inside it, in addition to typewriters and linotypes, we can make out a series of animated fragments of three of his remarkable works. In another part of the park we find the Macondo Media Library, a enter for audiovisual and writing media, that displays Gabo's works not only in Spanish, but also in more than 25 languages. In the museum’s kitchen, we can enjoy a good cup of Colombian coffee, made just like the writer would have.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Iglesia Nuestra Senora del Perpetuo Socorro, Parroquia Erpetuo Socorro, Barranquilla Colombia
Afterwards we head to the Church of Perpetuo Socorro, a temple where García Márquez married Mercedes Barcha.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: La Tiendecita, Carrera 44 # 62 - 04, En toda la esquina!, Barranquilla, Atlántico, Colombia
r. Last stop on our tour is La Tiendecita, a place that “Gabo” frequented to enjoy the typical coastal food. With a food tasting in the best “Gabo“ manner we finish the tour.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Ernesto Cortissoz Airport
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.