On the road to the monastery of Kirants
Get ready and leave the capital behind to discover a hidden treasure of northern Armenia, the Kirants Monastery in the Tavush region, located at the bottom of a thick forest. The relatively simple hiking trail will satisfy those looking for a quiet walk.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Lunch - 2x Lunchboxes
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- All inclusive
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Kirants Monastery, Acharkut Armenia
Your guide will welcome you at your hotel in the morning in order to drive you comfortably to your hiking site, located about 2.5 hours from Yerevan, in the Tavush region. The small village of Kirants itself is located near the border with Azerbaijan but the Kirants forest is situated inland, far from the steppe which already marks the border. Our hike will begin in the hamlet of Acharkut, located at the edge of the forest. We will slowly move along a fairly straight footpath which has very little altitude difference. Later, we will stop in a heavenly spot to rest halfway.
Then, we will continue trekking and reach the highest point on our way, announcing our arrival at the Monastery of Kirants, located at the end of the trail. The monastery of Kirants, is perched on a hillside outcrop and dates back to the 8th century, which was founded by Armenians who converted chalcedonism.
The monastery is composed of small bricks. Its architecture is sometimes reminiscent of classic Armenian architectural character but sometimes it represents different style due to the materials used in its construction.
After a restful break in the refreshing silence of this monastery, we will descend the hill. Our vehicle will be waiting for us at our starting point to take us comfortably to Yerevan.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up and Drop-off from/to your hotel in Yerevan
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.