One Day Private Tour To Chiatura and Katskhi Pillar
If you wish to explore off the beaten path sights, this one day tour to Katskhi pillar and Chiatura from Tbilisi might be interesting. You will see a monastery on 40 m high hill, where monk Maxime has been living in solitude for 25 years. The Katskhi pillar will gift you breathtaking views, and you will feel the silence of this place. Plunge into the Soviet time visiting Chiatura. Look around the town riding communism-era cable cars.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Friendly.Ge, Tbilisi Georgia
Stop At: Monastery Mgvimevi, Chiatura Georgia
Mgvimevi Monastery built in the 8th century. Its facades are decorated with crosses and ornamental borders. Inside the church on the walls, there are mural paintings from the 8th century and the southern wall is covered with painting from the 16th century. An old fresco, which was discovered under a new layer, portraits a nobleman Rati from Racha Region together with his wife and his brother Niania Kakhaberisdze. A long tunnel under the church was strengthened by arches. Two important objects from the Mgvimevi Monastery, an engraved icon and a very rare curved wooden door made in the 11th century, are now kept in the Georgian National Museum.
In the monastic complex, there is also a small church partly carved into the side of a cliff and two-storey bell tower built in the 12th–14th century.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Katskhi Pillar, Katskhi Georgia
The Katskhi pillar is a natural limestone monolith located at the village of Katskhi in western Georgian region of Imereti, near the town of Chiatura.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Cableways Chiatura, Chiatura 5500 Georgia
The major attraction here is the Stalin-era cable car system which is still in use and serves as the main mode of transport around the city. The cable cars traverse the Qvirilia River gorge connecting the town to the mines above via 10 cars for passengers and 2 cars for manganese transport. Some of the stations are adorned with murals of Soviet heroes. This aerial tram system spans over 6 km of cable and is highly regarded as an exemplary feat of Soviet engineering.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Chiatura, Chiatura, Imereti Region
Chiatura is more than just cable cars! The walk around the centre was really pleasant and if you like the Soviet architecture you will appreciate the place even more.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will contact you to clarify the time and place from where you will need to pick up.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions.
- The maximum capacity of the cable car is 4 people.
- Some cable lines are closed or under repair. Visiting them may not be possible.
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.