One Hour Cathedral Cove Boat Tour in Hahei
The Hahei Explorer is one hour long, travels up to 14kms, and takes the visitor into coastal islands of the marine reserve, reefs, massive sea caves and bays, including the world famous Cathedral Cove. The magnificence of this natural volcanic scenery is legendary and the approach by sea, combined with an insightful yet relaxed commentary further enhances the experience. Seating only ten passengers, this personalised tour caters for all age groups.
per adult from
What's included :
- Dry Bags
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cathedral Cove, Mares Leg Cove, Hahei 3591, New Zealand
Visiting World Famous Cathedral Cove from the water is a must for viewing the surrounding coastal scenery, including the amazing ignimbrite sea caves and cliffs. Please note: We do not get off the boat at Cathedral Cove.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Te Whanganui-A-Hei Marine Reserve, Grange Road, Hahei 3591, New Zealand
Marine life is all around and can be experienced close up because the boat is right in amongst the natural scenery.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Orua Seacave, Unnamed Road, Hahei 3591, New Zealand
One of the leading attractions of this extraordinary volcanic coastline is, when the tide is right, the tour visits an awesome blow-hole, venturing through a sea cave underground into a gigantic rock cylinder 80 feet high - truly a magical place! Other sea caves that we visit are Poikeke Arch, Whale Cave and Orua Sea cave - one of the largest sea caves in New Zealand. The tour ventures as far South as the headland before Hot Water Beach
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Hahei Explorer Cathedral Cove Boat Tour, End of the beach, Wigmore Crescent, Hahei 3591, New Zealand
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Daily top to bottom clean of all boats used for tours on any given day.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.