Orthodox Churches Of Bucharest
This is a perfect tour for the ones curious to learn about the Orthodox Church, for the ones who love religious art or simply travelers interested to understand why there are so many churches in a former communist city.
On the tour we will visit a total of 8 churches and two monasteries. Some of these places go back more than 400 years and they are a testimony of faith and endurance.
Your guide will tell you stories on the Byzantine Empire and the Great Schism which lead to the separation of the Catholic and Orthodox Church. What are the similarities and differences between the two? How did the Orthodox Church survive the fall of Constantinople and how was life as a Christian Orthodox under the rule of the Ottoman Empire?
Fast forward to more recent times: Romania was under communism for half a century. How did the church survive in one of the most controlled societies behind the Iron Curtain. These and many other questions on the Orthodox Church will be answered on the tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional Guide
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Biserica Bucur, Str. Radu Voda Nr. 33, Bucharest Romania
One of the oldest churches in Bucharest.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Antim Monastery, Strada Mitropolit Antim Ivireanu 29, Bucharest 040111 Romania
You will visit a beautifully painted monastery in the heart of Bucharest.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Patriarhia Română, Bucharest 030167, Romania
The seat of the Romanian Patriarchy.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Manuc's Inn, Hanul lui Manuc, București 030167, Romania
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Stavropoleos Monastery Church, Strada Stavropoleos 4, București 030167, Romania
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.