Outlander, Palaces & Jacobites Experience from Inverness
Enjoy a one day tour visiting filming locations of the award-winning TV series, Outlander. Explore Culloden Battlefield and Clava Cairns; see Beauly Priory and Wardlaw Mausoleum, the final resting place of Lord Lovat and explore Urquhart Castle.
per adult from
9 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Knowledgeable driver-guide
What's excluded :
- Food and Drinks
- Admissions to attractions
- Entry/Admission - Culloden Battlefield
- Entry/Admission - Wardlaw Mausoleum
- Entry/Admission - Urquhart Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Culloden Battlefield Visitor Centre, Culloden Moor IV2 5EU Scotland
We journey east in the footsteps of Jamie and Claire to Culloden Battlefield, our first stop of the day. The Battlefield was featured in Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander books and in the TV series. Enjoy a stop at the modern visitor centre and discover why this historic battle only lasted for one hour and how it has changed the way of life for the Highlanders ever since.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Clava Cairns, Balnuaran of Clava, IV2 5EU Scotland
After Culloden, we stop briefly at the Clava Cairns; the standing stones are similar to the stones Claire used to step back in time. Get ready to touch the stones and have your photo opportunity before you could be whisked back in time to 1743!
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Beauly Priory, Beauly IV4 7DY Beauly IV4, Beauly Scotland
We move on to our next stop of the day; Beauly Priory. The now ruined building was the setting for the burial place of the Lovat Frasers; it’s here where Claire meets the seer Maisri. Enjoy a short visit to the priory, with time for lunch, and admire it’s beautiful surroundings.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Wardlaw Road Wardlaw Mausoleum, Kirkhill, Inverness IV5 7NB Scotland
Moving on from Beauly, we pass Beaufort Castle, Fraser of Lovat’s Seat in Outlander, and onwards to Kilarlity, where we will stop for a visit to Wardlaw Mausoleum. Here we can visit the mausoleum and utter the Clan Fraser motto, “Je suis prest” – “I am ready!” and explore the final resting place of the Clan Chief Lord Lovat.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Urquhart Castle, A82, Drumnadrochit IV63 6XJ Scotland
We stop at Urquhart Castle; an ancient fortress overlooking Loch Ness, and possibly one of the most iconic sites in the Scottish Highlands. Enjoy time here to explore the ruined castle and learn of its turbulent history. For Outlander fans, see where Claire spots the ‘water horse’.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Dochgarroch, Dochgarroch, Loch Ness Region, Scottish Highlands, Scotland
We will drive the length of Loch Ness, returning to Inverness.
Departure Point :Inverness Bus Station, Margaret St, Inverness IV1 1LT, UK
Departure Time :8:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Foldable wheelchairs can be stored in the hold
- Most travelers can participate
- Infant seats are available on request
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.