Overnight tour to mount Longonot and Hells Gate Naivasha
Depart Nairobi for Mt Longonot National Park and Hells Gate National park going through the Kikuyu lush green highlands and then on the eastern escarpment of the rift valley system.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Accomodation at Hotel Taphe or Similar
What's excluded :
- Lunch on the first day
- Boat ride on Lake Naivasha at 25 USD per person
- Tips and Gratitudes(optional)
- Entrance Fees to Mount Longonot (20 USD) and Hells Gate National park(20USD)
- Entry/Admission - Mount Longonot National Park
- Entry/Admission - Lake Naivasha
- Entry/Admission - Hell's Gate National Park
Day 1: Nairobi to mount longonot
Stop At: The Great Rift Valley View Point, B 3, Kenya
You will make a scheduled stop at the view point on the side of the escarpment to enjoy the view of the Rift valley floor from a birds eye view. The rift valley system was formed 5 million years ago and the rift runs from the red sea through Ethiopia and Kenya and Tanzania. The rift valley is an active volcanic area and has some of the most interesting features including more than 8 lakes, dormant ALake Bogoria geysers.
You can actually see the volcanic Mt Suswa and Mt Longonot from this high place with their evergreen craters and the undulating green rift valley floor. The view from here is just amazing. Make sure to take as many photos from here as you can.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mount Longonot National Park, Naivasha road, Maai Mahiu 00200 Kenya
Drop into the rift valley and arrive at the Mt Longonot national park for your Hike up to the crater. The hike requires medium physical fitness and you will climb through the gulleys that dot the sides of this mountain. You can make some rest stops at the designated places on the trek. You will get to the rim of the crater and look into the awesome crater below. If you have the strength for it, you can go round the rim of the crater.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Lake Naivasha, Naivasha Road Nakuru County Kenya
Descend from the Longonot mountain for the base at the park headquarters. Relax for some while and take on the drive to Lake Naivasha. where you will have lunch and Go on an hour boat ride in this wonderful rift valley lake
Duration: 2 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at Taphe Guest Resort or Similar
Day 2: Day tour to Hells Gate National Park
Stop At: Hell's Gate National Park, Lake Road South South of Lake Naivasha, Naivasha 20117 Kenya
Have breakfast and start to get ready to leave the hotel at 8 am for Hell’s gate with picnic lunch.
Arrive at the gate of hells gate at around 8:30 am. Start of the biking tour at hells gate for 2 hours
11am – Visit the gorges inside the park. Gorges are small thin depressions of land mass where you can walk underneath. Some areas have formed caves where you can walk through. This will take 1 hour.
1pm – Finish the tours and bring the bikes back at the gate.
Duration: 4 hours
• Lunch: picnic lunch
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
ApartmentsVillasHostelsAny hotel/residence within NairobiNote: airport transfer to your hotel will be charged USD 20 (paid upon arrival
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.