Overnight Uluru (Ayers Rock) Small-Group Camping Tour
Explore Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park from Alice Springs or Ayers Rock, and sleep under the stars on this two-day outback bush camping tour, ideal if your time in the Red Center is limited. Take a guided base walk around Uluru and Kata Tjuta, and hear stories from Aboriginal folklore. Bed down for the night in an outback bush camp, and enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Drinking water (bring own bottle)
- Live commentary on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Overnight camping accommodation
- National Park Fees for all tours departing from 01 April 2019
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- National Park fees for all tours departing until 31 March 2019
Day 1: Uluru walk and sunset
Stop At: Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Red Centre, Northern Territory
Your tour begins directly from Ayers Rock Airport where we will collect you before traveling the short distance to Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. Experience a guided walk and spectacular sunset complete with sparking wine and nibbles followed by an amaing dinner under the stars.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Uluru Rd, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Northern Territory 0872 Australia
The afternoon is dedicated to exploring this extraordinary monolith starting with an interpretive walk led by your guide, and hearing of the Aboriginal law and religion (Tjukurpa). You will also learn about the art and culture of the local custodians, the Anangu people.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Uluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre, Lasseter Highway, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Northern Territory Australia
visit the acclaimed Cultural Centre where you can explore the displays and learn of the flora and fauna unique to this area.
Duration: 30 minutes
• Dinner: Enjoy a hearty meal & wine, served under the brilliant the star filled night sky while meeting your fellow travellers.
Accommodation included: Overnight accommodation in comfortable permanent tents.
Day 2: Sunrise at Uluru - Hike Kata Tjuta
Stop At: Uluru, Petermann NT 0872, Australia
It's an early start today as we wake up in time to watch a spectacular sunrise over Uluru.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Kata Tjuta - The Olgas, Kata Tjuta Rd, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Northern Territory 0872 Australia
Explore Kata Tjuta, a sacred area for the local Anangu people meaning ‘many heads'. Hike through the magnificent "Valley of the Winds", making your way through the soaring domes and creek beds to be rewarded with incredible views.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Ayers Rock Resort Shopping Centre, Yulara Drive, Yulara, Northern Territory 0872 Australia
You will be dropped off here with time to explore the many free activities (depending on your flight schedule) before catching the free shuttle bus to Ayers Rock Airport or transferred directly to the airport.
Duration: 1 hour
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :1: Desert Gardens Hotel - Ayers Rock Resort, 1 Yulara Dr, Yulara NT 0872, Australia
2: Ayers Rock Airport, Yulara NT 0872, Australia
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Connellan Airport, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Northern Territory Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 5 years
- A maximum of 21 people per tour
- Please restrict luggage to 22 lbs (10kg)
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility
- Please bring hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, Water bottle (1.5 liters) and comfortable walking shoes
- All camping equipment provided including linen, pillows, permanent tents, swags, towels and sleeping bags
- The climb is subject to weather conditions and with the permission of the Anangu people
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 30 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 14 and 29 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 8 and 13 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 75 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.