Palenque Archaeological Site from Villahermosa
Visit the incredible archaeological site of Palenque, declared as a World Heritage list by UNESCO. Your tour includes guided visits to the Temple of the Inscriptions, the Temple of the Foliated Cross, and the palace belonging to Maya royalty.
If option selected, take in the beauty of the mountain landscapes around Palenque and visit Cascadas de Agua Azul, where you'll descend on foot to the stunning waterfalls, with time for swimming in a deep pool at the base of jungle-covered cliffs (if the weather allows).
Travel on an air-conditioned vehicle round-trip to Villahermosa.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Entrance Fee
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica de Palenque
- Entry/Admission - Cascadas de Agua Azul
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zona Arqueologica de Palenque, Carretera a Palenque- Zona Archaeologica Km. 8, Palenque 29960 Mexico
After pickup from your hotel in Villahermosa, you will travel to the Archaeological site of Palenque. Located in the middle of lush vegetation, the UNESCO World Heritage site served as one of the most important ceremonial centers of the Maya culture during the Classic period. Almost 200 years before the pre-Columbian ruins were discovered in the 18th century, the nearby city was named by the Spanish — a literal translation of the Ch’ol word otulún, which means fenced or fortified place.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cascadas de Agua Azul, Reserva Especial de la Biosfera Cascadas Agua Azul, Palenque 29920 Mexico
If option selected, enjoy the beauty of the mountain landscapes and the wonderful Agua Azul Falls. This place consists of many waterfalls following one after another. The larger waterfall may be as high as 6 meters (20 feet). The perfect place to make beautiful photos. If the weather allows, you will have time for swimming in the crystal falls water.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up in any hotel located in Villahermosa downtown.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- The museum is close on mondays, but if you prefer you can only visit Palenque Archaeological Site
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Palenque Archaeological site for the moment has a schedule from 10:00 am to 03:00 pm
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.